Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spend untold amounts of time on my cell phone both in and out of the car and I count on the power ports to get me out of a low batt situation once in a while. Like sometimes when I'm on the road, I'll leave the phone charging for an hour or so while I eat lunch. This short charge can usually get me through the rest of the day when I need to get a couple of more standby hours while waiting for a call before I can get back to the office or home and do a full recharge.

BUT NOT ANYMORE!!!! As you are all probably aware, the power ports don't work unless the ignition is on.

How do I modify at least the dash-mounted port to be hot at all times? I'd rather have them all hot at all times, but I'll take the dash or center armrest port if that's all that can be done.

And no...I don't use a cooler that needs the port, so I don't have to worry about running down the battery and I'm not interested in rigging a 12V battery to do this for me.

There has got to be an easy way to tap into a hot wire and have this always on mod. Anyone know where it might be? Maybe some of you Audio/Video guys already know a few places?

·
Registered
229 Posts
There was a thread a few months ago where someone had the outlet in the center console wired for "always on". I believe he had the work done at Tweeter for less than $40. I would assume that any shop that installs stereos, alarms, etc. should be able to do this.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a great idea! Thanks a lot:) I'll take a ride this weekend to a few of the local shops and see if they want to help me out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts