Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I have a 2002 and need help with the ignition cable install.
I have the key end out and threaded through to where the harness plugs into behind the fuse box down underneath drivers side.
My problem i cant seem to access where it plugs into to remove cable.
I looked on utube and one post said to pull the fuse box out far enough to reach the back.
On mine after taking nut off the fuse box only come out a little bit.
No way I can get my hand back where it needs to go.
Any thoughts???
Thanks for any help
Richard

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
That fusebox (if it's like my '04 was...) is a bear. Not sure what all holds it in, but be patient and figure out what's holding it up, one thing at a time and figure out how to get some more slack. It won't be easy. The one thing I would recommend is to make SURE your battery is disconnected before starting this process!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your reply.
Can you tell me if you are supposed to get to the cable from the side or reach down from the top.
I still have fog light switches installed . Do i need to disassemble the whole bottom panel.
Thank you for your help habbyguy
Richard

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your reply.
Can you tell me if you are supposed to get to the cable from the side or reach down from the top.
I still have fog light switches installed . Do i need to disassemble the whole bottom panel.
Thank you for your help habbyguy
Richard
ps. do you anything about a small clamp in the back that holds all the wires together??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry ..new to the site
Do you know if you have to remove a plastic clip in the back to release wires> Also did you have to replace because of car just dying while driving?
Thanks again
richard

1 - 5 of 5 Posts