Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Anybody has experienced the same problem>
Maybe not even a problem but I find it odd that the "Idle Start/Stop Unavailable" message shows up on the dash every time I am came to a stop.

It coincided with another issue-"Parking Sensor System Problem" message also showed up almost at the same time.
These messages are on my 2017 Acura MDX which has barely 500Km on the Odometer.

Anyway, I brought my MDX to the dealer and I was told that the Idle Start/Stop feature doesn't work when the window defroster is on and when the air-conditioner is on???? I find it odd and half-believable as my MBenz GLA 250 doesn't have issues like that. It stops and starts after the car has warmed uo regardless off the aircon settings!!! If the service advisor is telling the truth-does that mean that this feature is not realy helpful at all because aircon would be on all summer and the window defroster will be on mostly on the winter???

One of the parking sensor apparently is defective and need to be replaced that's why it shows the "Parking Sensor System Problem.

Any truth to this claim abut the idle start/stop feature?

Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I had the idle-stop feature in my TLX and it definitely needs more refinement. I wasn't disappointed when it wasn't in my '17 MDX.

Here is a list of scenarios where it won't activate. You're service advisor was partially right. If there is a significant difference between the outside temperature and the interior temp of the vehicle, the idle-stop won't activate.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
This feature really takes what could be a nice car and ruins it
the feature just realy doesn’t work that well. Extremely frustrating. Own a Ford with this feature ( auto idle stop) works flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Idle stop feature is better in my 20 Advance than was in my 17 Advance, but not as good as in my 15 S550.
When it was cold last week and I had both the front and rear defrosters on in the morning I got the unavailable message until I cut off the defroster. The unavailable message may come on if the air conditioner is on, if it is extremely hot and the AC is working hard to keep the car cool.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
This feature really takes what could be a nice car and ruins it
the feature just realy doesn’t work that well. Extremely frustrating. Own a Ford with this feature ( auto idle stop) works flawlessly.
I added this: idlestopper.square.site and it works as advertised. I also permanently axed this on my Expedition as I was not impressed with it either.

·
Registered
2012 MDX Advance
18 Posts
Idle stop feature is better in my 20 Advance than was in my 17 Advance, but not as good as in my 15 S550.
When it was cold last week and I had both the front and rear defrosters on in the morning I got the unavailable message until I cut off the defroster. The unavailable message may come on if the air conditioner is on, if it is extremely hot and the AC is working hard to keep the car cool.
This technology puts a beating on your starter. Especially in city start stop driving. I'll be more than happy to lose 2 mpg. Can't be good if you keep vehicles long term.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts