Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever heard of or installed this brand of monitor? I saw a demo of it and it looked pretty good. Any advice will be appreciated. They wanted $1300.00 for the set up installed.
-7 inch drop down monitor.
-DVD player
-2 IR Head phones
-FM Modulator
-A place to plug in my x-box.

This is there website.
www.icontv.org[/URL]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I don't know about Icon, but why don't you try to buy the items on your own and then pay someone to install it. If you check out the website www.theautoaccessories.com or www.savinglots.com , you'll see they have everything very reasonably priced.

7 inch drop-down: $299
Power Acoustik DVD80 or Pyle 97 with A/V inputs: $179 - $199
FM Modulator: $29
Headphones: I'm not sure, but relative cheaper.

(You'll note that there are many brands of DVD players, but they are all made by the same companies, just check the web and you'll see: Power Acoustik, Farenheit, Lanzar, Pyle, Emerson, Audiovox, Blaukpunkt all have the same players)

I've gotten quotes from local installers that will do the whole thing with your own parts for $250 to $450.

So you're looking at $800 - $1000 for the whole thing. That will give you an extra $300 to $400 to mod your Navi to take video input. For the same price you get an extra video display up front.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks alot. I appreciate all the input.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
[email protected]
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing