Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to remove the manifold and valve covers. I just want to take a peek what is going inside. Do I need a new gaskets for the manifold and valve cover when screwing back the cover? Will I do any harm removing these covers just to look inside?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I want to remove the manifold and valve covers. I just want to take a peek what is going inside. Do I need a new gaskets for the manifold and valve cover when screwing back the cover? Will I do any harm removing these covers just to look inside?

Sorry wrong board

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Why would you do that? You will need to replace the manifold and valve cover gaskets at the very least.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why would you do that? You will need to replace the manifold and valve cover gaskets at the very least.

I want to take a peek inside what cause the engine ticking noise. I recorded the noise while the engine was running from 1000 to 3000 RPM and heard tick...tick..tick..tick.
How can I attach an audio file here for someone with more experience than me to hear it and tell me where is the ticking come from? Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts