Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gee, thanks all of you Zaino addicts! I've read/seen enough evidence from you all now that I'm about to jump on the wagon and place my very first order for Zaino products.

From what I've read thus far, I think I'm going to start with the following products: Claybar, Z1, Z2, Z5, Z7. That should be enough to keep me busy for a while, though I'll likely place another order later for the leather cleaner/conditioner. Still have some Zymol that I used on my BMW and his TL and I just can't see tossing at this time.

Now...for the trouble part...and it's all YOUR collective fault! :4: After explaining to my DH (Dear) that I was about to order some very expensive detailing products after seeing all the pics, etc. posted here *and* showing them to him (as he was wondering why our usual products wouldn't suffice), I had to agree to do his TL, too (after the MDX, of course).

Now I have twice the work to look forward to! Thanks!

:2:

·
Registered
112 Posts
You won't be sorry!

I am seriously considering changing to Zaino for our other vehicles as well! Oh well...if you're gonna keep 'em - might as well keep 'em looking good (I mean...great;) )!:D :D

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
You forgot z6 -- must have!! Brings out the shine even better. I'd suggest ordering twice as much z6 and z7 (wash) as the others. One each of the others you've listed will last awhile. If you want to save $ to offset the cost of the z6 and additional z7, I'd drop the z5 -- I don't think the Havasu will show swirls since it's a fairly light color...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input, Worm. I just wasn't sure whether the Z6 was worth it or not. With the recommendation from you :6: though, I guess I'll have to give it a try. I'll be sure to order two of that and the Z7.

Think I'll still need to pick up the Z5, though (see my postings under the thread titled "Accident Report") as I never know what my Dear H is going to do next. ;)

Have the BSM from Tim (arrived on Friday), but wanted to wait until I get the all the Zaino stuff before I wash, apply the BSM, then Zaino. Will post pics once I've completed all that stuff (and before beginning work on the TL). :D

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I gotta offah a hardy thank you to Worm for having inspired me to not only try Zaino, but to add layer upon layer in order to achieve those mirror like shines. My wife can't believe how much my MDX shines!

This past weekend, I added my 12th coat, and I cant believe the shine! This morning it rained, car dried with narry a spot on it! You also might consider a California Duster, it really works well as does the water blade.

I agree with Worm, get extra Z6 & 7, both are great products and I use Z6 frequently. This week, I will be placing my second order to include more Z6 & 7 as well as the leather interior care products to try. I will be stocking up on the Zaino as my wife's new BMW is due in next week and will be getting the same Zaino treatment.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I just have to say how much of a kick I got out of seeing that Smilie bowing down to the Worm (which was indeed well deserving).

After all the recent Zaino posts, I had to add 3 more coats yesterday to my MDX. I use the Z6 after each coat. Next its time for the Zaino leather treatment (which I used when I first got my MDX). I love that leather smell it has.

·
Registered
80 Posts
dmcconaghie--
If you're really going to be doing 2 cars, you should consider adding ZFX to your order. Yes, it's expensive, but worth it for the time you save -- I was able to get 3 coats on the 'X in a couple of hours (although to be honest, I only added one coat to the roof. I hate trying to get up there.)

Oh, and the tire stuff is great too. Leaves the tires just shiny enough without giving that thick greasy look.

Oh, and the leather products also work great.

And that's how a simple Zaino order becomes a BIG Zaino order!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So...

Y'all will vouch for me when my Dear Husband sees the amount of the check I wrote to order 'detailing supplies' and thinks I've lost my mind, right! ;) As I'm telling him that "They were absolutely, totally necessary and something I just couldn't live without!"

Me thinks this could become waaay too much of an addiction on my part (again). Used to wash weekly and wax monthly whether I needed it or not before DH came into my life. Sort of suppressed that monster for a few years, but looks like it's starting to re-surface with a vengence now! :eek:

Though, don't think I'll be hitting the top of the X quite that often. Figure I'll probably pull a few muscles just stretching to reach it the first time, even with a ladder. :2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just tried Zaino for the 1st time on my car recently...and I've informed my wife that she will need to do all the work on our X when it gets here in about a week ;) I did the whole thing from the beginning - wash with dawn, claybar, wash then apply wax.
She protested that my car is much smaller (which it is) and that I should help her. So, being a good husband, I guess it will be a joint project in about 1-2 weeks! This should be interesting - never waxed a car as big as the X before...

I also highly recommend getting ZFX since it made the next coat(s) go on faster. I will likely put some more coats on my other car at the same time - boy does it shine already (and only with 2 coats!). Look for a local distributor if you don't want to pay shipping. I ordered mine through a group buy a couple of months ago (not on this forum - a different one). Good luck and set aside several hours - you'll need it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I agree with Worm about cancelling either Z-2 or Z-5. I have 4 coats of Z-5 on my MDX & 3 coats on the RX & they look very nice. The 4th coat is what made the MDX look like a mirror!! I use Z-7 to wash & Z-6 after every wash. The Z-5 looks good on the white RX & I plan to put on the 4th coat of Z-5 this week (weather permitting) to see if I can get the white to shine even more.

My wife thinks I'm nuts - but she doesn't complain when she drives around in our shiny cars :4:

I'll post a pic of the white RX after I put on the next coat of Z-5 so those of you with white MDXs that have not tried Zaino can see what it does do!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts