Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went last Wednesday to my local Acura Dealer looking to test drive a new MDX. They had one but, it was already sold and getting ready for delivery. He did let me sit in it.:2: He told me a new 2003 MDX was going to be delivered from Canada this week (10/22) and was surprised that it wasn't sold yet!!!?? I promplty gave him a $1000.00 deposit when I found out it's an 2003 ,White with Camel Interior , Touring package with the DVD entertainment System MDX. It's still hard to Pay $39,800.00 no haggle price, without first test driving it!! But, after listening to You'all MDXers, I decided to give it a try. I'm trading in my 2001 Montero for it. I ordered shift knob, gold emblem kit and side color matched moldings from Tim Today! What other accessories should I entertain??? I'm considering the HIDs after reading forum, tonight.

·
Registered
3,429 Posts
pacemanetn said:
I just went last Wednesday to my local Acura Dealer looking to test drive a new MDX. They had one but, it was already sold and getting ready for delivery. He did let me sit in it.:2: He told me a new 2003 MDX was going to be delivered from Canada this week (10/22) and was surprised that it wasn't sold yet!!!?? I promplty gave him a $1000.00 deposit when I found out it's an 2003 ,White with Camel Interior , Touring package with the DVD entertainment System MDX. It's still hard to Pay $39,800.00 no haggle price, without first test driving it!! But, after listening to You'all MDXers, I decided to give it a try. I'm trading in my 2001 Montero for it. I ordered shift knob, gold emblem kit and side color matched moldings from Tim Today! What other accessories should I entertain??? I'm considering the HIDs after reading forum, tonight.
For the accessories part I recommand the running boards. They look nice and useful :4:

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
pacemanetn,

I have to ask to make sure, but when you say that the vehicle is coming from Canada, do you mean that it was shipping from the factory in Canada, or from a dealer in Canada?

If it is not a targetted-for-the-U.S.-market, warranteed by Acura U.S. (not Acura Canada), then if you're a U.S. resident you may have serious warranty issues. You really do not want a true Canadian MDX if you're a U.S. resident.

Forgive me if you've already figured this out, and it may well be a U.S. market vehicle. We just want to be sure that you're okay.

If it is a U.S. vehicle and you're in the U.S. congratulations on not waiting long! Are you in a state with some low demand for MDX's?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys, Guys!!!!

I purchased the New 2003 MDX from Bill Gatton Acura in Johnson-City Tenn. The3 MDX was being shipped from Canada, apparently where it was built at?? Then Railed through Michigan to Tennessee where I live!!!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assure you it's an American Spec. MDX!!

It hasn't been bought from Canada, apparently that's where they make the MDX.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Then you're all set! Again, forgive our caution, but we've had this pop up before.

I'm not too surprised the Tenn. dealerships may have some available. I think demand for the MDX is softest in the Southern regions from Texas to Florida. We've usually seen the best deals come from there.

Congratulations on your pending MDX! Please be sure to tell us your impressions with it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Earl,

2003 with Touring Package and DVD entertainment sysytem. That's the way this particular MDX is coming. I didn't have a choice. That's fine with me, I use my GPS's in the two airplanes I own. But, I don't use the GPS system at all in my Lexus SC430. The MDX was already on the way from Canada when I put a deposit down. I do have a portable Garmin Pilot 295 GPS if I feel that I'm going to get lost.:)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
CARGO TRAY...... a must have~~~

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi Pacemanetn:

___$39800 for your Touring trimmed X w/ RES is MSRP so it’s not a steal but getting in the short amount of time you did is.

___JTM, I called them to find out just in case for myself :(

___Good Luck
___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I thought he only mention Touring with DVD Entertainment System. So it is the MSRP for its model. There is no NAVI for it.

:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts