Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a fun ride. We are up to 155K miles on our 2007 MDX sport/ent. This suv has been so tough, solid, still drives great except for the horrible blown rear shock. Acura dealer replaced front two stuts good will a few years ago- Now i cant pass inspection, becuase one of the rears are leaking and they saw it during inspection.

I called lehigh valley acura, which use to be awesome to me, but now has a new service manager- needless to say the new guy said sorry, since the recall has been opened, they do 0 good will pricing since im over 100K miles.. Price was $800.

Im torn- between eating the price, fixing it right- then when time to re sell its one less shady thing to not be able to get a good sales price on..

OR- get the local shop to thow on two $120 monroes in the back and live with the ADS light...

I know, i know- if you have the money to spend right?

The car is nearing its end for us- i was hoping to have it another year before looking to replacmement- Was gonna try to hold off until 2019 to look into a certified 2017

Is it bareable just to throw in the non ads shocks, and live with the ADS light? Im not looking to do the resistors etc...

Part of me just wants to fix it right- These adaptive dampers are garbage they need to stop putting these in cars- better to just replace them with non adaptive performance shocks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Actually, im thinking- since they good willed the front shocks and replaced at 200 each, under 100K miles- if they refund me $400, that wouldnt be too bad then to have to pay $400 for the shock.

Im thinking if they replaced the ADS shocks under 100K miles, doesnt matter im over 100K miles now..

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Actually, im thinking- since they good willed the front shocks and replaced at 200 each, under 100K miles- if they refund me $400, that wouldnt be too bad then to have to pay $400 for the shock.

Im thinking if they replaced the ADS shocks under 100K miles, doesnt matter im over 100K miles now..
You'll probably have to get the reimbursement from honda and have the dealer put on your new shocks for $800. The shocks are around $300 online from acuraoemparts.com

·
Registered
798 Posts
Personally I wouldn't bother with ADS replacements as you won't be keeping the car for too long plus ads will not really add or take away significant value from resale.

Personally, I'd get KYB's as Monroes seem too soft and not really matched up to the MDX dynamics. As for resistors, I don't know why you wouldn't do it. They're literally $5 items and about 5-10min per side to install if you know what you're doing.

My $.02

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SO when I called the Acura
Dealer he quoted me 850 for
Rear shock- I priced online and found for 375
I'm going with the oem damper and fixing it right since I'm getting some
Money back for when I replaced
The front struts at dealer for 200 each u set good will price

Just want it fixed