Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there-

I'm buying a 2003 MDX and want to put in a unit I have read about on this forum. I'd like to play DVD's on my Nav screen. If I can do this then I don't need to order the DVD with the car. I live in Palo Alto in Northern California. Does any one know of someone who does this in my area? I saw a posting for Hayward but never found out which store did the installation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
67 Posts
I thought I have PM you already. The name of the place is Street Beat in Hayward, at the corner of Jackson and Harder Road.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Very happy with the equipment and installation. Top-notch installer. Here's info:

Street Beat
406 West Harder Road
Hayward, CA 94544
(510) 940-5683

Ask for Ray. He's the owner. Tell him Tony with the black MDX refers you. The installer's name is Matt. He's very, very good with the installation.

Overall cost is $900 for everything. They'll need your car for about 5 hours.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tony,

Thanks for your response. Hope you don't mind to list equipments you have installed in your MDX. Is cost including parts & labor. Again thank you very much for the info.

Regards,

ufo

·
Registered
476 Posts
davidgt said:
Hi there-

I'm buying a 2003 MDX and want to put in a unit I have read about on this forum. I'd like to play DVD's on my Nav screen. If I can do this then I don't need to order the DVD with the car. I live in Palo Alto in Northern California. Does any one know of someone who does this in my area? I saw a posting for Hayward but never found out which store did the installation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
An interesting question is whether California Vehicle Code section 27602 will apply to a DVD movie screen. That section makes it illegal to drive a car that is even equipped (need not be in use) with a "....television receiver, screen, or other means of visually receiving a television broadcast which is located in the motor vehicle at any point forward of the back of the driver's seat, or which is visilbe ot the driver while operating the motor vehicle".

Also keep in ind that in the event of a serious collision loss, the fact that such a device was availalble could create an issue re comparative fault. Distractions from cell phones are now a frequent area of inquiry in accident cases.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts