Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,329 Posts
Towing using an MDX

My brother and I have a 21.5 feet SeaRay boat with an inboard Mercruiser sitting on a Trail-Rite trailer. Total gross weight without fuel(Which this boat holds 60 gallon of gas) is around 3,560lbs.

I have been using my MDX to tow the boat to a numerous of places for our boating outing and I have not experience ANY mechanical or technical problems. Our trips are anywhere in the radius of 50 miles to 650 miles of driving.

Uh...I dont think you will have a problem with a measily 1200lbs of camper trailer.

· Registered
1,329 Posts
ctxultra said:
Thanks much for the post.....the camper weighs 2000lbs without gear...then add four adults and their gear in the vehicle and your around 3000lbs.....

What about steep grades?:)
Well we towed the boat on Interstate 15 towards Mohave Lake. There is a VERY STEEP grade called El Cajon Pass. If ANY of you who are truckers or road trippers on the way to Vegas knows exactly what am talking about...IT IS STEEP...

Well needless to say...The MDX doesnt have a problem with climbing over it while sustaining cruising speeds without performance degradation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.