Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. 6 thousand miles car won't start. AAA came can't jump start it. I had it towed to the dealer. I was told it's a battery related issue. They installed a new battery. Everything Good so far no charge.
Random issues
2. Key Fob: Random Occurrence, I approach the car with the key fob in my pocket and it didn't detect me while trying to open the doors. (driver or passenger) I had to press the unlock button then it worked. I replaced the battery the issue is still random
3. Backup Camera: Random Occurrence: After shifting from R to D then drove off, the camera stayed on.
I stopped I put it in R then D then it went off. It happens randomly.
4. iPhone XS with IOS 12.1 Random Occurrence: On the Botton screen, the source icon disappear if I unplug the phone. it says Mute on the screen and some other text. To make it work again, I have to shut off the car wait about 10-15 sec then everything is back to normal once I start it up.
5. sounds like I ran over a loose manhole cover clunk sound:
Best way I can describe this to you don't laugh. imagine you have your bicycle flipped upside down. you use your hands to turn the peddles as fast as you can. you stop then you start turning again but your hand motion turning is not fast enough OR IN sync to catch up with the turning of the wheel so you get a little clunk sound then your hand becomes in sync with the turning the peddle. That's what happens when I accelerate then get of the gas peddle then accelerate again. This happens in slow driving around 10 to about 35MPH.

Have you experience any of those issues?

·
Registered
606 Posts
After backing up and I put it in drive the camera stays on until you reach a certain speed then it turns off. I believe there is a setting to enable or disable this but I'm not certain

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issues. Document everything, take it to your dealer and give them the list. Be sure to include when or how it occues as best you can describe. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've had 1 window issue, passenger side wouldn't go down from driver's side controls. Acura showed my wife how to "reset" it and it has worked since. Hers has just over 1k miles on it now. Hoping that was a fluke because I'm expecting Honda like reliability. This is our 7th Honda if I'm counting correctly and they've all been good to us.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Best way I can describe this to you don't laugh. imagine you have your bicycle flipped upside down. you use your hands to turn the peddles as fast as you can. you stop then you start turning again but your hand motion turning is not fast enough OR IN sync to catch up with the turning of the wheel so you get a little clunk sound then your hand becomes in sync with the turning the peddle. That's what happens when I accelerate then get of the gas peddle then accelerate again. This happens in slow driving around 10 to about 35MPH.

Have you experience any of those issues?
Might be the VCM cutting on and off. Mine is quite obvious at low speeds and light throttle. I believe that VCM is disabled until engine coolant temperature comes up to normal, so mine doesn't show up until a few minutes after a cold start.

·
Registered
423 Posts
#4 has happened to me twice on my 2019 MDX. I have an iPhone X. 12.1

As to #2, is the key fob next to your phone in your pocket? I have noticed the cellphone can interrupt the key fob signal. Try separating them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts