Discussion Starter #1
I called up my Acura parts guys and he had a stash of 15400-PLM-A01’s

$5.11 each with added washers for free.
Sweet!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a good price. There is a guy on Amazon selling them as well, but twice as much per unit.
I know - $5.11 - I’m happy. I got 6 but I have two vehicles that take the same filter so this should last me a few years. it pays to have a good relationship with the parts dude!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Nice. It is harder to find them now. I got 30 of them in 2016.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
30 filters? Wow - do you do oil changes for friends too? I don’t know how you’re going to get through 30 oil changes.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
30 filters? Wow - do you do oil changes for friends too? I don’t know how you’re going to get through 30 oil changes.
I have 3 Acuras and 1 Honda. Doesn't take long to go thru them.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Doing oil changes @ 5k ( which is right around what the MID calls for on my MDX) would mean 150k miles. Definitely doable

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am down to my last one. I bought 12 of and have been using them on a couple of accords, odyssey and now the MDX and I have one left... guess I'll be switching to a Mobil or SuperTech, Fram long lasting etc... I don't like the 15400-PLM-A02; just a cheaper filter.

Oh, wait for the MDX ponces, who build and maintain their MDXs from scratch. Yes you can use non OEM oil filters that are cheaper... But that is my opinion I don't want to offend... IMHO

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
guess I'll be switching to a Mobil or SuperTech, Fram long lasting etc... I don't like the 15400-PLM-A02; just a cheaper filter.
I haven’t been able to find a SuperTech filter that looks like the Honda filter. The one they state is for Honda must be a typo because it’s a lot shorter. ST6607

What number have you used?

one thing this incident called to attention is the gasket of Honda vs. Aftermarket. The Honda round gasket looks to be much better than the flat gaskets on the aftermarket and that’s what failed on my Wix filter.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I haven’t bought a super tech filter yet I have one Honda filter left. I saw the diff btw the old and new Honda filters and IMO it’s a cheaper filter internally. I will do more research when I have to buy more. I used super tech after seeing them cut apart onLine I used them on a Camry and Lincoln Navi. But I like the Mobil 1 filters best then extended fram.

I am a Walmart and Costco shopper so I have been using Warner oil for a while, they make super tech, Amazon basic and Costco oil, as good or better than Mobil 1, not as good as amsoil or the new penzoil. I never use Honda oil bcs I can’t find who makes it??? I don’t change oil till the car tells me too, so Ive been using synthetic oil and good filters for decades.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
same here - Costco and Walmart shopper.
I’ve used SuperTech filters and Oil on my CRV and Odyssey and I’ve had zero issues.

$2.97 for a great quality filter. But since they replaced the ST7317 with ST6607 I stopped using them because it’s physically smaller and didn’t want to take the chance. I buy Mobil1 oil at Costco when on sale. $25 for 6 Qtrs.

I have a Pacifica lease so you can bet I am using SuperTech in that baby. I am a SuperTech fan!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Check out the YouTube videos from project farm for his oil tests. Mobil; which I used and still use (when it’s on sale) anyway Mobil 1 synthetic scored lower than basic from amazon and super tech. I found out last week that Costco is going to sell the same oil as super tech and amazon basic under their name. It’s $26 for 10qts, supertech is $15 for 5qts. And Costco has free shipping. So I’ll probably start ordering it from Costco. Can’t beat $26 for 10 qts. $2.60 a quart for full synth and all quality ratings. Change more often at those prices.

Sorry if I offend anyone who would only use “Acura oil”.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i has no idea!!! I haven’t seen Kirkland oil at my club yet and online it’s $30 (shipped) for 2 - 5 qtr containers - still a great deal. The general rule is items are cheaper in the club than online. How are you seeing $26?

I am kinda over the 1 qtr at a time fill with Mobile 1. And then I have to drain the old oil into those qtr bottles. It’s a mess. I try and keep gallon containers on me but the kids sometimes throws them out because they are in charge of garbage duty. Beggars can’t be choosers - they take doing garbage seriously.

I am switching to this Kirkland oil. I’ll keep the stash of Mobil 1 I have now for that extra .6 qtrs the MDX needs.

Thanks for the tip

·
Registered
124 Posts
I saw it in store for $26 north of Atlanta, but it was 10w-30 or 5w-30, i was hooding it was same online. I usually use 5w-20 for the 3.5ltr, I want a thicker oil so it won’t slip past the rings... my accord had an oil burning problem, I never use 0w-20, it’s just too light I don’t care about gas mileage I care about longevity of engine....

·
Registered
460 Posts
i has no idea!!! I haven’t seen Kirkland oil at my club yet and online it’s $30 (shipped) for 2 - 5 qtr containers - still a great deal. The general rule is items are cheaper in the club than online. How are you seeing $26?

I am kinda over the 1 qtr at a time fill with Mobile 1. And then I have to drain the old oil into those qtr bottles. It’s a mess. I try and keep gallon containers on me but the kids sometimes throws them out because they are in charge of garbage duty. Beggars can’t be choosers - they take doing garbage seriously.

I am switching to this Kirkland oil. I’ll keep the stash of Mobil 1 I have now for that extra .6 qtrs the MDX needs.

Thanks for the tip
I checked the costco around my house last week, they only carry 5W-30, seems like 0W-20 is only available online, the price in store is $26 i guess.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Costco ran a sale for "Kirkland Signature Synthetic oil in 3 different flavors, 5W-30, 5W-20 and 0W-20 at around Jan 20, 2020 for a few days. $5 off for a case of 2x 5gt jugs, free shipping, final price of $24.99 + tax. Tons of people on BITOG forum bought those, the same full synthetic as Super Tech or Amazon Basic, D1Gen2 approved. Mine was made and shipped by Warren Distributors in Ohio.

Local Costco warehouse still carries 5W-30 only.

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is a good deal for those of us who change our own oil. I’m gonna keep an eye out for that deal and order a few.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Besides Amazon, I have better luck on EBay. I scored a case of filters for much less than the op when I last shop online for them. But that was last year.

Yeah, super tech and other house brand oils are from Warren,... so shop accordingly.

Wal-Mart has free shipping after a set threshold too, without paying for a membership

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
it looks my club only carries 5w-30, it was $24.99 for 2 - 5quart containers. They seemed to be fully stocked while Mobile 1 was on sale for $28.99 for 6 Quarts

I am hoping Costco realize5-20 and 0-20 are in more demand (as evident of what they stock for Mobile 1)

Walmart’s SuperTech is $14.88
All great deals.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts