Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
at the dealership

My MDX actually came into the rail yard on DEc. 27th..but the logistics people at the yard were off for the holidays until Dec.31....so they were a week behind in getting vehicles out to the dealers on the trucks..then New Years Day holiday....and just when they were going to truck it over on this past Thursday..we get hit with a snowstorm on Wednesday night....it has been driving me crazy and to think I could have tried it out in the snow if not for the delay..OH well

what suggestions does everyone have for accessories?

I am pretty sure I am going with the running boards..thought of putting them on myself and saving the bucks..but might just have the dealer do it..quoted me $615

The dealer is throwing in splash guards, wheel locks and cargo tray...

thinking seriously about moonroof visor for noise reduction...wood shift knob...and maybe the all weather mats to go over the carpet ones..but i have used weathertech mats for a while in all my other cars...does anyone know how the acura all weathers measure up against the weathertech's?

anyway...please give me feedback on suggestions for accessories if you have time...I will be picking it up Monday or Tuesday so I would like to take the weekend to decide on the accessories..

of course some of them are very easy to put on so I might want to order from Tim to cut down on the expense..

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
594 Posts
Congratulations!

Congratulations on the new car.

I also got help up in the holiday delivery schedule, but picked mine up last Wed.

As far as options, definitely buy the easy ones from Tim. I have the WT mats and have been very happy with them. I had the dealer put on the boards, because the price wasn't too bad. I do not think that they're too difficult to put on, though.

In addition, I installed the following:
- Body side moldings -- like $100 from Tim, took me 15-20 minutes, and perfectly protects where my wife's doors would hit the mdx in the garage -- worth it for that, plus I like the look of them.
- Rear Splash guards -- not sure that they're completely nesc, as it is ok for a SUV to get a little dirty, but not too expensive. With the right tools, you could probably do without taking the wheel off -- i took them off in about did the whole thing in maybe 25 minutes.
- Wood shift knob - obs. not nesc, but I liked them -- def get from Tim.

I'm still going to install the rear TG defelector, because I think it makes it look sportier / less minivan like from the rear.

As you're getting GG, the inside is Ebony, so the Acura weather mights might be good, too. I have the saddle interior, so I went with the WT mats as Acura's are only available in Black.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback

yes..like you I think I am going to have the dealer go ahead and install the running boards since the price really is not that outrageous and they will already be on there when i pick it up

my salesman showed me the acura all weathers and they do match the cargo tray they are throwing in the deal so i may go with those and if they prove not to protect the way i think they should with the kids etc. i can always order the weathertechs and have triple protection for the carpet..sounds anal huh? lol

I was wondering how hard the install was for the BSM's...15-20 minutes sounds pretty fast but i would assume there is a template for that installation..but i think the BSM's are a very necessary addition for protection against dings

i agree on the tailgate deflector..makes the rear view much more suv and less minivan

from looking at the installation directions on tim's site...the lower trim and fender flares dont look that difficult either

I just cant wait to pick it up...I stopped by yesterday afternoon just to take a look at her...all covered in white tape and interior plastic..but beautiful none the less..

again thanks for your opinion and experiences on the accessories

·
Registered
594 Posts
Don't pay for BSM install

Don't pay for BSM installation -- super easy -- see the attached link.

Literally took me 20 minutes, 25 tops. They come from Acura with cardboard templates that you just masking tape to the doors and pull the sticker off of the back of them.

BSM Install

·
Registered
411 Posts
Don't pay for the side steps either. It's a very straight forward process to install. With right tools, it takes about an hour to install them. You get them for $430 from Tim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
GCK
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing