Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have spent all morning calling auto custom shops asking if they install the 3M clear bra!

Out of probably twenty places I have called here in Norfolk VA and surrounding cities, only one shop knew what I was talking about. The rest had NEVER heard of this product????

The one shop "Mint Auto Conditioning" in Chesapeake, has only done ten vehicles, and never an MDX! So they have limited experience. They want $385 for the kit and installation.

What do you guys think, specially those with the clear bra installed? Thanks.:confused:

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Never have this done. It is hard to find a good shop to do that in Nova as well. :(

Wow.. You are down in Norfolk. I thought you were in Nova area, since you pick up your new MDX in Alex, Va.

Good Luck

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JTM said:
Never have this done. It is hard to find a good shop to do that in Nova as well. :(

Wow.. You are down in Norfolk. I thought you were in Nova area, since you pick up your new MDX in Alex, Va.

Good Luck
Actually, I'm in Suffolk! I bought my MDX at Riddle Acura in Chesapeake!

I'm very hesitant to allow a shop with limited experience to attempt to install the clear bra. From past experience and failure, is very hard to install correctly. The film itself costs hundreds of dollars.

With my 01 MDX (traded in for 03) a shop in Louisiana atempted and failed. The swallowed the $400 cost of the film, and I walked away with only wasted time. I got lucky that time! :1:

·
Registered
172 Posts
I Have Never Had So Hard a Time Spending A Lot of Money!
I have spent all morning calling auto custom shops asking if they install the 3M clear bra!

Out of probably twenty places I have called here in Norfolk VA and surrounding cities, only one shop knew what I was talking about. The rest had NEVER heard of this product????

The one shop "Mint Auto Conditioning" in Chesapeake, has only done ten vehicles, and never an MDX! So they have limited experience. They want $385 for the kit and installation.

What do you guys think, specially those with the clear bra installed? Thanks.
casique
$385 for the kit and install is a good price. IF THEY DO IT RIGHT!!!!
I have a guy in Illinois who did mine and am very happy with the results.
BODY-SKINS Inc. Rick Anstadt Pres. 847 530 8443 Elgin Ill. He has been to the school that instructs how to do it properly. And he is extremely fussy about how it turns out.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the kind of shop I'm looking for.

Even the shop that knew about the clear bra, was not familiar with the kit and quoted me $175 for the kit, which of course only had three pieces.

He had to call about the complete kit after I told him about it.

I think, I'm going to call him back and demand a fool proof guarantee that it wiil be installed correctly.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The full clear bra kit does the hood , fender tips, front bumper and mirrors.
I also cut pieces to put under the door handles(women's long fingernails) and around the gas door filler.

·
Registered
1 Posts
No one know's about Armorglove? Have a look at Armorglove.com.

We've done thousands of Acura installations, on every model.

While I cant say that we have dealer/installers on every corner (we

are not trying to be Mickey D!!) we do have dozens from coast to

coast!! If you are anywhere near NYC, you're in luck. Call us toll-

free @ 877.307.2902 wherever u r !!!!.

Best to all!

Jack W. Klein
G M
Armorglove, LLC

·
Registered
83 Posts
Casique,

There is a tint shop I dealt with in VA-Beach I think it's called Atlantic Window Tinting. This was in 01 and I saw the finish product on two vehicles I remember one was an X5 BMW.

They are located in Hill Top area, behind the carwash and K-mart. Sorry I can't remember the exact names o the streets you need, it's been a long time.

·
Premium Member
5,255 Posts
Give Chris Laporte at Radley Acura a call. He's an old friend and may know of a place.....they may even do it in-house.

Just mention my name and he'll treat you well :)

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Does everybody realize how old the original thread is?:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts