Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I feel for you!

Yep, should be about $1500 including parts and labour. Which probably means 2.5K in insurance money, if you handle it through insurance and not make a direct arrangement with the person at 100% fault who rear ended you.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently, I'm going through the person's insurance that hit me. He mentioned that he worked for a body shop and could fix it as well. I'm not sure about going that route.

I feel for you!

Yep, should be about $1500 including parts and labour. Which probably means 2.5K in insurance money, if you handle it through insurance and not make a direct arrangement with the person at 100% fault who rear ended you.

·
Registered
146 Posts
ouch!!! but that's not too bad and it's repairable. just take it to a shop of your choice and let the insurance deal with it, that's why we buy insurance to help protect and take the worries out when these things happen.

·
Registered
713 Posts
When we were rear ended in my 2014 we took it to a Caliber Collision shop in Sacramento. Totally satisfied, and I am picky. They were approved as a primary collision center by both Acura and our Insurance company, USAA. One of their local shops here is also approved for aluminum body repair although all our damage was limited to the outer bumper, inner bumper, and exhaust.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
NEVER take private deals for body work. Always go to a shop you pick and have a contract with. They can pay you the exact amount the shop charges you. I've seen so many cases of paint jobs that eventually bubble or fade and there is no recourse when you don't hold the contract and warranty.

But yeah you did the right thing not taking his offer.

Calibers are really local shops that are bought out by the mega brand, so they vary in quality. My first repair of a cheap Toyota was fine but my second job with another Caliber for a Genesis was ****ty as hell even after their third try.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts