Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

I got 30 mpg out of my 07 X!

3K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Northof49 
#1 ·
Photo shots are my proof.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I did manage 26mpg driving cross country on I-55 for an entire tank (20 1/2 gallons) - went 530 miles - I checked the weather reports that evening and realized a had a huge tailwind pushing me along. Typically average 22 mpg on the highway if I'm alone and don't have much with me. If 4 of us with normal carrying stuff I get about 19-20 mpg.

#7 ·
I got 100 once, no pics to prove it.

Honestly, I get 21-22 on the road, 23 is pushing it with no AC and no load.......19 or so around town. 2002 MDX with 165K miles....

#8 ·
Our '12 is averaging 18.7 over 15,000 miles. Lots of highway...tend to get 21-22 on longer trips. About 17mpg in day-to-day stuff. We routinely do 300-400 mile weekend trips.

If someone can get 30mpg on a full tank, follow-up as that would impress me. As domano indicated...I think mid-20's is where this thing will top-out even with all the right conditions.

Sivitaliy: It all comes down to how and where you drive....outside of some sort of mechanical problem. We almost always hit or exceed the EPA estimates for our vehicles....and it's no different with the MDX. Do you have another vehicle to compare that is driven similarly? I don't think our driving style is typical either....almost no real city or even congested traffic situations. We pull out of our development onto a 55mph divided highway and drive 2 miles to the interstate or 2 miles to the schools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.