Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to install the rear wind deflector. I got really nervous after I drilled my first hole but the finished product was great!

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's the pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
laborlitigator,

Should you ever decide to change occupations:

** Consider becoming a mechanic -- your install looks good (I think). :29:

** Do NOT, repeat NOT, consider becoming a professional photograher. :28:

Sorry, just couldn't help myself ... :jester:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry. . . just bought the darn thing at Staples today at the 7am early opening. . . what a zoo!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
srpbep said:
laborlitigator,

** Do NOT, repeat NOT, consider becoming a professional photograher. :28:

Sorry, just couldn't help myself ... :jester:
:2:

My thoughts exactly. You beat me to it.

·
Registered
110 Posts
laborlitigator - Looks great!! Did you get the tailgate deflector from Tim or from Trimking on e-bay??? Just curious - I want to order mine next week, but don't think I trust hubby to try to install so I'll call the local body shop and have them do it.:4:

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rudy331 said:
laborlitigator - Looks great!! Did you get the tailgate deflector from Tim or from Trimking on e-bay??? Just curious - I want to order mine next week, but don't think I trust hubby to try to install so I'll call the local body shop and have them do it.:4:
Although I love Tim, I bought it from the ebay guy, $265 altogether with shipping and painting. It matched perfectly.

Listen, let your husband do it, it is only 4 small holes. You start with a small drill 3/32 and then you widen it gradually with bigger drills until you reach 1/4. Believe me, I'm not even close to being a handyman. . . it shouldn't take any longer than 5 to 10 minutes.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd like to post more pics but I'm having problems uploading. . . any suggestions?

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
laborlitigator said:

Although I love Tim, I bought it from the ebay guy, $265 altogether with shipping and painting. It matched perfectly.

Listen, let your husband do it, it is only 4 small holes. You start with a small drill 3/32 and then you widen it gradually with bigger drills until you reach 1/4. Believe me, I'm not even close to being a handyman. . . it shouldn't take any longer than 5 to 10 minutes.
Nice going laborlitigator. I purchased by deflector from the same vendor. I am also pleased.

Are the problems you are having regarding picture posting involve file size limitations?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, pretty much. . . also, when I try to upload them, it takes an awful long time, any suggestions?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude,

Thanks for the link. . . this will help.

·
Registered
293 Posts
is there any difference between the ones sold on ebay and the ones by Tim? the ones on ebay seem to have really good price. anyone have bought one from the guy on ebay for their 2003 mdx yet?

on another note, any pics on the holes that you are supposed to drill on the mdx? i have read several posts on how easy this project is to do by yourself, which i would love to do it myself but then again this is a 40k+ vehicle.

-henry

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
henry_atwork said:
is there any difference between the ones sold on ebay and the ones by Tim? the ones on ebay seem to have really good price. anyone have bought one from the guy on ebay for their 2003 mdx yet?

on another note, any pics on the holes that you are supposed to drill on the mdx? i have read several posts on how easy this project is to do by yourself, which i would love to do it myself but then again this is a 40k+ vehicle.

-henry
The installation is easy. . . i have no handyman skills whatsovever.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's another pic

Attachments

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
Very nice job laborlitigator.
Not often we can say to a lawyer "very nice job." Oh yes, your X looks very good too.
Any side shots showing the entire look?

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here, try this. . .

Attachments

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm going to do it now.....

laborlitigator,

Looks very, very nice.

Thanks for your pics. I have one on the way (from Tim), but I was a little afraid to install it. Your experience gives me a little confidence.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Laborlitigator, how did you get that flame decal off the right front bumper?:2:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts