Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You can use the gravity method to flush your brakes lines if you don't have a pump or someone to help you. You can do this method by yourself but it will take longer to completely flushing the brake line. This is how it is get done:

1. Get 5 or 6 bottles of Honda brake fluid.
2. Drive the car for a few minutes to get the brake fluid warm up for easy dripping.
3. Use whatever technique (turkey baster?)to remove the brake fluid from the reservoir as much as you can but make sure not to empty the brake pump.
4. Refill the brake fluid reservoir to MAX .
5. For MDX you don't need to jack up the car and remove the wheels to get access to the brake bleeding valve. Now crawl underneath each corner and and connect a clear tube to each valve nipple and loosen up the ALL the valves to one full turn or until the fluid starts to drip. Yes you can open all the valves at the same time using gravity method. Now let the fluid slowly drip into a container. VERY IMPORTANT!!!
DO NOT START THE ENGINE AND/OR PRESS THE BRAKE PADAL DURING THIS PROCESS !!!!?
6. Keep a close eye on the brake fluid reservoir while all 4 corners of brake fluid in each line is dripping away! Never let the brake fluid in the reservoir fall below the 2nd MIN line. Keep adding the the brake fluid to MAX when the fluid level reaches the 2nd MIN line.
Keep doing this until you archive a good clean and clear fluid dripping.
7. Close and tighten all the valves and refill the reservoir to MAX and you're DONE!

I did this method and the result is the best, my brake feels very firm . I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
How long did the whole process take? Sounds like a good idea. In fact, I was thinking about this in the morning today.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for this post...
just what i wanted to inspire me for the springtime.
:)

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Man I wish I had your patience for a gravity flush....
I can do the very same thing in 15 minutes doing it by the book.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts