Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot close all the windows/moonroof using the KEY. I can open the door using the fob lock or unlock works fine. Everything works fine, except when all windows down and with engine is off. Try using the key to close all the windows and moonroof and its doing nothing. Used to work before but now it's not working, i don't know why.

Any suggestions? is there any setting i need to look at or do i need to reset the fob? Tested both Driver1 and Driver2 fob still nothing.

I have 2016/Tech.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you rioll all your windows down by pressing the unlock button on your remote and holding it down? I can roll my windows down but can't roll them up by pressing and holding the lock button on the remote.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you rioll all your windows down by pressing the unlock button on your remote and holding it down? I can roll my windows down but can't roll them up by pressing and holding the lock button on the remote.
Yeah, that works for me, only using the fob. But i try to use the KEY to roll up windows and nothing working. Usually i can lock/unlock with the KEY, but now i can't.

Again all the functions on the FOB is working fine.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
And you've twisted left twice and held it turned left on the 2nd twist, correct?

Ktran, as stupid as it sounds, Acura did not put in an all windows up function via the fob. You can only do it by twisting the key left twice and holding it twisted left while all the windows close (keep watch, as all the windows close at different rates and I think the sunroof is the slowest).

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And you've twisted left twice and held it turned left on the 2nd twist, correct?

Ktran, as stupid as it sounds, Acura did not put in an all windows up function via the fob. You can only do it by twisting the key left twice and holding it twisted left while all the windows close (keep watch, as all the windows close at different rates and I think the sunroof is the slowest).
Yeah, tried that and still isn't working. Used to work before and just now it's not working. Maybe because my headlight problem pop up on MID before and dealer reset it. Did you think that might cause the problem?

Maybe a fuse blows?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts

safety issue is why its not a feature. BMW disabled it in America but I had the option programmed on by a friend. You can buy a module and stick it in the driver door to get the feature on the 2014+ MDX's

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
safety issue is why its not a feature. BMW disabled it in America but I had the option programmed on by a friend. You can buy a module and stick it in the driver door to get the feature on the 2014+ MDX's
Ooh is it the whole accidentally suffocate children in cars thing by accidental fob presses?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so, you guys don't know what's wrong with it? any tips? if not i'll have to bring it back to the dealer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Yeah, that works for me, only using the fob. But i try to use the KEY to roll up windows and nothing working. Usually i can lock/unlock with the KEY, but now i can't.

Again all the functions on the FOB is working fine.
Can I ask why you use the actual key? Our car is 3 years old. Have never even taken the key out.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Can I ask why you use the actual key? Our car is 3 years old. Have never even taken the key out.
well, just says you turn off the car/engine and then opps you forgot to roll up all the windows. What would you do? would you rather turn on the engine again and roll up the windows?

With the actual key, i can just use it to lock and roll up the windows.

I don't like the idea of having to turn on the engine over and over again.

Here's the link:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
You don't need to turn on the engine to roll up the windows. Just keep foot off the brake and go into acc mode and actuate the windows that way. But i do understand that sometimes the windows are open and you just need to close them AND lock the doors at the same time so might as well use the key method.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,338 Posts

Jesus Christ this is still an issue on the 2016??? I was losing my mind the other day trying to roll up my windows using the same method as to Roll Down Windows/Open Sunroof in my 2G by pressing the fob and holding..
WHY IN GODS NAME Acura didn´t put the same feature to close all Windows/Sunroof by holding the lock button??????

The other issue I have is that sometimes I don´t want the Sunroof to open using this feature but there is no function to select it off. Its annoying going into the car Gangsta Style rolling down the windows just to get in and having to close the Sunroof manually even if its a 1 touch option.

Reactions: Irobot2090

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jesus Christ this is still an issue on the 2016??? I was losing my mind the other day trying to roll up my windows using the same method as to Roll Down Windows/Open Sunroof in my 2G by pressing the fob and holding..
WHY IN GODS NAME Acura didn´t put the same feature to close all Windows/Sunroof by holding the lock button??????

The other issue I have is that sometimes I don´t want the Sunroof to open using this feature but there is no function to select it off. Its annoying going into the car Gangsta Style rolling down the windows just to get in and having to close the Sunroof manually even if its a 1 touch option.
Well, that function used to work before, and last time i have a headlight problem so i brought the car to dealer for them to reset. Then i don't know what's going on, that function no longer working. I can not use the key to lock the car, when i turn the key to the left, i don't see anything happens. Seems like they fixed something, and other thing is broken.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Press the start button twice to use the Windows. You don't need to start the car.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Press the start button twice to use the Windows. You don't need to start the car.
my idea is try not to start the car at all. I just wanted to use the key to close all the windows.

Well the feature is already there and it's worked before, but don't know why it's not working right now.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
my idea is try not to start the car at all. I just wanted to use the key to close all the windows.

Well the feature is already there and it's worked before, but don't know why it's not working right now.
When I asked you why you were using the actual key. You said you did not want to start the car just to put the windows up. I just stated how you can put the windows up without starting the engine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts