Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i must punch my honk pad a dozen times before i can get any sound of it - only in certain places. NO, REALLY! i am sure some of this is safety-related and the way the airbag is placed inside the steering wheel, BUT... when i need it - during emergency maneuvring or just to let that a**hole know he is not alone on the road - sometimes I can't make that darned horn blow (*no dirty jokes plz* ;))
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
595 Posts
HI..

YEAH.. IT'S HARD TO USE IT WHEN THE HORN IS RIGHT

IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WHELL..

I HOPE I CAN CHANGE IT SO IT'S ON THE SIDE,

THAT WAY I CAN HONK WITHOUT MOVING MY HANDS

OFF THE WHELL..

ISN'T THAT SAFER?

:D

TYP
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
143 Posts
Sorry Sgt., but I've seen it discussed before. ;)
Personally, I'm glad that the horn is located where it is, in the center, as opposed to buttons on the sides. I always found it extremely frustrating trying to determine where in the heck those freakin' little buttons were when I needed to do an emergancy manuever, at night. To me, it was just a natural reaction to strike the center of the steering wheel. I've found on my 'X that I have to hit dead center, right on the logo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
charlieinnj said:
I'm glad that the horn is located where it is, in the center, as opposed to buttons on the sides.
I agree - the side buttons are just as stupid as were the automated belts. Before 'DX I had Nissan Maxima and I always found it was easy to press the horn anywhere in the lower side of the s. wheel. You're right in 'DX I have to score a bull's eye to get the same effect. Not a big deal, just annoying sometimes.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
I agree as well I hate the little buttons on the Civic we have always have, sure they increased the size in the 6th Gen, but they still are awfull. I remember once I had to swerve to avoid a idiot who thought nothing about signaling. I missed the buttons while swerving and caught my thumb, ouch. BTW what year is your X sgt lock(I cant read it when doing th reply) but on my 02 it doesnt take much force or pressure to honk the horn.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
4,592 Posts
D'OH sorry sgtglok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
sgtglok said:
i must punch my honk pad a dozen times before i can get any sound of it - only in certain places. NO, REALLY! i am sure some of this is safety-related and the way the airbag is placed inside the steering wheel, BUT... when i need it - during emergency maneuvring or just to let that a**hole know he is not alone on the road - sometimes I can't make that darned horn blow (*no dirty jokes plz* ;))
Gee Sarge,
I wouldn't be surprised if this weren't special "congeniality enhancement" made to MDXs shipped to NYC for noise abatement!;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey remery, glad you joined in - and i was waiting for those 'urban' remarks! :D
i have a better resolution now, why dont you send me your picture, big 'nough to cover the honker. this way, i'll know - to honk is to punch remery's nose! ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
I have a Sienna also and I love that horn. You can hit the steering wheel anywhere. I used to drive a Lincoln Town Car and it was hard to me sometimes to find those little @#$% buttons.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
sgtglok said:
hey remery, glad you joined in - and i was waiting for those 'urban' remarks! :D
i have a better resolution now, why dont you send me your picture, big 'nough to cover the honker. this way, i'll know - to honk is to punch remery's nose! ;)
Sarge,
See, now there you go again with all that negative urban karma. You need to eat some Hostess Twinkies and listen to an Enya album to purge all that negative energy before you drive!
:rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
remery said:


Sarge,
See, now there you go again with all that negative urban karma. You need to eat some Hostess Twinkies and listen to an Enya album to purge all that negative energy before you drive!
:rolleyes:
Now I KNOW you didn't mention Enya because of her 'Memory of the Trees', right, you NON-urban slacker? ;)
I do actually listen to Enya, but I prefer Enigma, thank you very much!!!!! :D

...and here I am, driving in New York City, listening to Enigma reaching my POSITIVE karma (please kill me, but don't make me it those Twinkies!!!!!!), when a yellow cab JUMPS just 2 inches ahead and starts swirling from lane-to-lane. OH, PLEASE, give me a 120 mm just for a few seconds, just 'nough to make a smauldering hole in that carcass!!! THEN I will reach 100% KARMA!
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top