Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bottom line I brought my 2002mdx to Cardinale Way, Acura in Las Vegas Nevada for a routine oil change for my transmission. This vehicle was in perfect running condition and I love it so much. After I got it out I took it on the road my transmission began knocking and slipping. I am mediately brought it back told them about that they said that they forgot to put in one extra quart of oil so they put that extra quart in told me that I needed to drive it for a while so the oil will break in, and off I went again. I brought it back again to the dealership they put it on the computer and they told me I needed two sensors for the transmission, I said go ahead. When my car came back I took it out on the road again and the problem was worse still banging and slipping. I told the dealership to fix the car they gave me a loaner car and I went on my way. Then they said that it wasn’t the sensors but it was the clutch in the transmission I said OK. After driving with a loaner car for a week and a half they told me it wasn’t the clutch and they have to speak to tech line and wait and see what happens. I drove for another week and a half with no news and finally after three weeks they told me that it wasn’t the sensors and it wasn’t the clutch but it was something internally wrong with the transmission and they advised me that it was not there fault and they are not responsible for it . I am 67 years old I brought my car into the dealership for three years never had any issues I like the people there they were always good I don’t know what happened on this one they claim now that they are not responsible and they told me I need a new transmission I brought the car in perfect and in normal running condition and they want to give me back a vehicle that looks like it had an abortion. Is there anyone that might be able to give me some advice or help some help.

·
Registered
962 Posts
What did they charge you for the fluid change?

Was it billed as a fluid change only (Should be under $100) or a"Flush". I ask because Acura specifically states in the owners manual and in service information sent to dealerships that "Flush" systems should NEVER BE USED as they can damage the transmission.

If they billed you for a flush you have good lawsuit material.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m a first time user with these types of internet post. Thanks for you reply on my transmission oil change. Yes it was billed as an oil flush. On the flip side I just now spoke with the service manager Brad who was shocked that he was not in the loop regarding this problem I have. He stated that he wants to fix this problem so we both have and I quote a win win resolution. You know I stayed quiet for three weeks and remained calm. After yesterday’s phone call from the dealership stating it was not there fault I began to fall apart emotionally. Maybe I jumped to quick to post they are a let’s say bad dealership but this car is really my baby and felt I was just thrown under the bus. Just a transmission oil change and ending up having to replace the transmission and for the dealership to keep my vehicle for almost 3 weeks with no knowledge really sounds strange. I do thank them for letting me use there loaner car all this time but in reality I only want my beautiful MDX back so I can continue to ride on. I feel confident that Brad the service manager will make things right and will correct this nightmare. Again forgive me for posting a negative message and I’m looking forward to posting that happy ending. Thanks for your support. I’m just mad and hurt that my favorite dealership may let me down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they say good things come to those who wait. I’m so glad that I am able to share with you an extremely positive ending to a problem that could of been devistating. The dealership that I have been so happy with has come through for me and will replace my transmission on my MDX. Yes, I was nervous for three weeks around this issue. I remained calm and developed my communication skills with the service manager Brad. He and all the people at the dealership were so compassionate and professional regarding my concerns. I want to apologize for any words I might have wrote on this site and would just like to say that I understand completely how people feel when they have problems with whoever. Most importantly have a little faith, I know it’s difficult when dealing with some people and large companies but I truly believe we are all in the same boat in this world. I want to publicly thank Cardinale Way, Acura for handling my problem completely. I will see you for my next car and will continue to get my cars serviced with you at your world class dealership. Thank you so much Always faithful.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I have never heard of "ANY" Dealership covering a 17 year old vehicle and replacing a transmission for free unless of course they were at fault ! I agree that bringing it in with it running and picking it up making noises makes/made little sense! The oddity was that it took the dealership 3 weeks to look at the transmission and make a decision when it was obviously there fault! Well for what ever reason you can thank your lucky stars in this extremely rare case of yours! Sometimes the stars do align and i am glad they did for you.:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your support. I’m truly glad I have an honest dealership here and very honest people working there. I hope you can have faith in your travels through any situation. There are good people out there

·
Registered
901 Posts
Thanks for your support. I’m truly glad I have an honest dealership here and very honest people working there. I hope you can have faith in your travels through any situation. There are good people out there
With 30+ years in and around the business I can honestly say that the majority of them are decent businesses on the service side. Unfortunately car repairs are a significant pain point for many car owners. Many owners are stretched financially to the point where they struggle to properly maintain them, don't really understand how to properly maintain them and view the dealer service department as only there to sell them things they don't really need, and feel totally clueless when trying to understand the mechanical aspects of their cars. All of these things cause a lot of stress in process of dealing with their car. Glad you are happy with the outcome and sounds like the dealer acted ethically even if they didn't communicate well at the beginning. Having this drag out 3 weeks is absurd and didn't help their appearance to you the customer.

Reactions: AcuraAddicted
1 - 7 of 7 Posts