Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,we have had the car less then a month. I have noticed that the battery gauge moves around a lot. I thought that it would go to full,then basically stay there. Unless something unusual happened. On one short stop and go trip,it was at 2 bars,then 6 bars,then back to 2 bars. It seems like it fluctuates a lot. Is that normal?
Thanks.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Crickets.... crickets....

I guess you might have more luck slumming on a Prius forum. If those have battery guages.

Interesting observation.

Related, but somewhat tangential question: What is your impression of the "always active" torque vectoring vs "vectoring under power" of the conventional SH-AWD?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crickets.... crickets....

I guess you might have more luck slumming on a Prius forum. If those have battery guages.

Interesting observation.

Related, but somewhat tangential question: What is your impression of the "always active" torque vectoring vs "vectoring under power" of the conventional SH-AWD?
No impression. I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,we have had the car less then a month. I have noticed that the battery gauge moves around a lot. I thought that it would go to full,then basically stay there. Unless something unusual happened. On one short stop and go trip,it was at 2 bars,then 6 bars,then back to 2 bars. It seems like it fluctuates a lot. Is that normal?
Thanks.
That is expected, it was explained by Honda engineer in a video, this hybrid system is designed to charge and discharge rapidly. Remember it is called sport-hybrid.

I brought SH-AWD few weeks back, now i regret not getting hybrid. Were you able to get any deal on MSRP for hybrid?

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is expected, it was explained by Honda engineer in a video, this hybrid system is designed to charge and discharge rapidly. Remember it is called sport-hybrid.

I brought SH-AWD few weeks back, now i regret not getting hybrid. Were you able to get any deal on MSRP for hybrid?
I got something off. While it lists for 1,500 more. You pay more because the discounts are larger for gas only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts