Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a brand new owner, and I'm going through the car as I normally do when I buy a car and trying to figure everything out. I bought a 2011 MDX Advance from a private seller, an older lady who you could tell wasn't very knowledgeable but no big deal.

The HVAC system makes a medium-volume medium-pitch humming/whining noise as the fan speed increases. It happens on A/C and heat, and doesn't go away with time and starts immediately. I asked the previous owner on our test drive and she said it's always been that way. I have difficulty believing that, and I think something is wrong. It all works fine, it's just much noisier than any other car I've had before. I can post a video if needed, it's clearly audible, but hopefully I'm describing a somewhat common problem.

My second issue is the guidelines for the reverse camera. I thought they were tweaked a little, so I did a test to make sure. I've got "RaceDeck" tiles on my garage floor, so I parked the car in a perfectly straight line, using the tiles as my guide, and then I checked the guidelines, and sure enough, they kinda veer off to the left, not lining up with the s known straight lines in my garage. I bought a new Volvo back in 2011 and had the same issue, dealer fixed it, but this car is out of warranty, is there any way I can fix it myself. The camera appears to be in the housing correctly and aimed straight, but maybe it's not?

I'd appreciate any advice! Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
With the camera on the MDX, keep in mind that it's mounter off-center, so that might contribute to the distortion you're seeing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts