Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi folks,

I am going need to diagnose a front mode control motor (took me long enough to figure out what it was called). So I am just posting some things that I found that could be used as a possible reference. So we have a bunch of motors because of the independent climate controls and rear controls (Driver,Passenger and Rear temperature, recirculation, front and rear mode control).

I have attached a HVAC service manual PDF that I found from the post below. From user Morrie.
2008-center-console-air-mix-motor-replacement.

Plenty of videos on Honda/Acura on mix temp motors but not too much on front mode control (Defrost, vent, bi-level, and floor).

Link below to RockAuto aftermarket motors both generic and standard aftermarket with better prices than factory components.
HVAC Motors RockAuto.com

An example of factory parts site, the motors have new factory model numbers as replacements
Factory Parts Acurapartswarehouse.com

Youtube video taking a motor from a Cadillac DTS ebay/amazon blend motor and sticking it in a Honda blend control casing for around $15. If the same motor is used in the three different types than as long as the gears aren't' jacked up might be able to use this motor for them too.
Cheap fix for A/C and Heater Temperature Blend Motor

Gear teeth missing, if you find gear teeth missing the youtube link below from a suggestion from acurazine that just moved the gear to the opposite side where teeth still exist since the whole gear is not used to engage. Brilliant idea.
Acurazine Original Post: loud-clicking-sound-when-thermostat-turned-down
Youtube Video Following Post: Acura air mix/blend door actuator DIY FIX if Gears are missing Teeth

Updates: added additional credits and links for service manual and gear fixing.

Attachments

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I replaced the mode motor only to find that there is no signal or power being sent to it. Even tried a motor from the dealership. Anyone have a similar issue? I am going to remove the plugs in the back of the HVAC/RADIO and reseat them but don't really have any thing else to try to fix it. The connector on the motor seems fine without anything pulled out or frayed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So it wasn't the motors it was most likely the main hvac wire harness into the dash controls came loose. So I just wasted a $100 if I had only checked the motor side plug with a multi-meter. Learn from me. In any case if anyone needs a Front Mode Control Motor hit me up. I will send it to you for $20 shipped.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, it looks like I forgot to say that I fixed it by reinserting the HVAC plugs on the back of the dashboard controls. After reinsertion the motor started work fine. If it was a fuse issue the whole hvac system would be non functional and not just the mode control motor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts