Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm facing a weird issue with my AC control, The green backlight for auto AC button works in a strange way, it glows very dim and often flickers, at times it glows to its full capacity. Its not a big of a deal because AC works fine at auto mode, its just the the light which annoys me. The backlights on other buttons next to it like defrost and heated mirrors works perfectly. Is there any way to fix the issue ( it seem to me the light mechanism needs to be replaced). Dealership might charge good money for it. Does anybody else facing this electrical problem?
Thank you

·
Registered
516 Posts
Sounds like the LED ia going bad. Yea, it happens. You light be able to very carwfully take it apart and replace the LED, but more likely easier to replade the board.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the LED ia going bad. Yea, it happens. You light be able to very carwfully take it apart and replace the LED, but more likely easier to replade the board.
Ya, but couldn't find any diy video or step by step guide anywhere how to do it. If you have any such information please do share it here.
thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
Maybe not a video, but you should be able to find instructions online on how to remove the head unit. Basically it should be pretty simple. Pop off the two trim pieces, one on each side. Then you should see some screws to pull the touch screen.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
That entire control set can be independently procured for pretty cheap (not knowing your model, I generically used a 2015 Tech model to get this PN: 39544-TZ5-A14, but I'm pretty certain they're swappable for all the years. May have been changes in 2018 but not sure.). I've seen it go as low as $50 before. My guess is that LED is an SMD, so if you wanted to go about just replacing the LED, you would need to deal with soldering a new one in place of the old.

Watch this video to remove the infotainment unit:
Then it's just three Philips screws to remove the temp controls (see this pic: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/410AAOSwuh1e1-C6/s-l1600.jpg)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That entire control set can be independently procured for pretty cheap (not knowing your model, I generically used a 2015 Tech model to get this PN: 39544-TZ5-A14, but I'm pretty certain they're swappable for all the years. May have been changes in 2018 but not sure.). I've seen it go as low as $50 before. My guess is that LED is an SMD, so if you wanted to go about just replacing the LED, you would need to deal with soldering a new one in place of the old.

Watch this video to remove the infotainment unit:
Then it's just three Philips screws to remove the temp controls (see this pic: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/410AAOSwuh1e1-C6/s-l1600.jpg)
Great. Thanks 👍🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts