Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well....I've been lurking around this board for a while after I ordered my Mesa Beige (build date end of May, to be delivered early June). I orginally wanted Mahogany but they were discontinued so I 'settled' with Mesa Beige.

So....I was doing laundry in the laundry room just an hour ago and my husband answered the phone. My sales rep had a Mahogany on the lot ready if I wanted. Now my hubby, whom I truly adore, can get kinda difficult when it comes to sales people. So he, being oblivious to the severity of the situation, said I'd call my sales rep back on Monday....and thanks for calling.

Laundry folded and put away, I came out to the front room and my husband casually mentioned that the sales rep called and for me to call him back on Monday. "What did he want?" I ask excitedly..."Oh, he had some Mahogany color car on the lot..."....<pause>...."What???!!!" I jumped on the phone immediately. Well, within that 5 minute interval, my sales rep found another buyer for the car and, as we speak, they are going down to the dealership to buy.

So, the moral to the story is (1) if you have an MDX on order, answer all incoming phone calls yourself, or (2) don't get married!!!!

:rolleyes:

OK, just had to vent.....thanks for listening....<sniff>...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Well, my husband is in the dog house too tonight!

He left the MDX on the drivewy.....with a window opened...... in the pouring rain......for 3 hours.

Your new car could be Mesa Beige, but my new car is Soaking Wet!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just can't believe what's happening to MANkind??? Is this for real?

·
Registered
61 Posts
AZmutt,

I find it funny that you wanted Mahogany and "settled" for Mesa Beige whereas my wife wanted Mesa Beige and "settled" for Mahogany.

The purchase was similar to yours where the order was placed for a Mesa Beige. Then we got the call that a Mahogany became available. We, however, got the Mahogany.

Sorry for your "loss". Maybe another Mahogany will come in. Good luck.

·
Registered
59 Posts
AZMUTT

A few questions

Where did the Mahogany come from? Why?

What happened to person that it was ordered for ?

Why did they discontinue the Mahogany?

Do you think maybe the demand was so great

and they ran out of paint?

Don't mind me,do you think I was just trying to get

your hubby out of the dog house?

Or maybe I have a Beige and love it . I DO.

BIG AL.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the condolences...

I've calmed down now...it's amazing what a good night sleep can do....

And trust me, I don't mean to diss the Mesa Beige - it is a beautiful color (and that's why it was my second choice). It's only that out here in Arizona, at any given red light, you'll find 10 cars of which 5 are white, 4 are beige and 1 is a beat up ol' Datsun (usually orange with a lot of fading)....something about the 110 degree heat in the summer. So, banking on that awesome power of the MDX AC unit, I liked the Mahogany, but to no avail.

The only other kicker is that my build date is in 6 weeks vs. yesterday - and I've never been one to wait very well. (When I was a kid, Christmas seemed almost unbearable - presents under the tree, gotta wait until Dec. 25th to open, no shaking or peeking.....sigh...;)

Thanks for 'listening'.....

:)

·
Registered
619 Posts
some ideas to get even with your hubby(with cost ratings):

1. for each week u have to wait. you get a week long vacation of your choice for equal amount of years. so if you had to wait 5 wks, then you get a week long vacation for 5 years. $$$$$

2. for each week, you get equivalent days of vacation away form hubby and kids. This would be a great excuse for a roadtrip in your new 'X with your girlfriends. $$$

3. for each week, he has take you out for equal # of romantic dates. this way u get to valet park your new luxury suv. $$

4. for each week, he gets to do your weekly chores(so you have time to go shopping in your 'X). $$-$$$$$$$$$ depending on you budget.:D

sorry guys, but sometimes there is no excuse:rolleyes:

·
Registered
206 Posts
It sounds like AZMUTT's husband didnt even know how hard it is to get an MDX. And the Salesman should have told her husband to get AZMUTT on over to the phone right away, as this was a take it or leave it deal. So I wouldnt keep the Husband in the dog house too long. Unless he did know and the salesman did say it, then she can follow MDXLuvr's list.

However, several people have recently been able to get their MDX sooner by calling around and being willing to drive some. Just like that Mahogany one popped up, you have to hit the right place at the right time and you can get lucky and get one right away. I wouldnt mind calling some local S. Cal dealers for anyone interested to find out availablity.

·
Registered
339 Posts
After driving my Red Rock around for six thousand miles locally, I finally saw another Red Rock. :)

Nice cars are fairly common in this neighborhood. Seeing more and more MDX.. but the Red Rock is still rare.

The reason that I did not go with Mesa Beige is that it was (is) a common Lexus RX300 color. That color, while is still nice, seems over-sold lately.

Oh.. on the airconditioner, it works EXTREMELY well. With the weather getting hotter now, the MDX can cool down quickly. I must say the initial air circulation to cool down may be quite a bit noisy. But you get your cool air so fast. It is no joke that you should keep a small blanket around if you have temp sensitive kids or adults.

The MDX is worth waiting for... I just wish other expensive items in life can be so consistently great.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Ok, my hubby is out of the dog house now ( in fact, he never realized he was in the dog house.....Men!)

The sun is out, the driver seat and the carpet are dry, and the controls on the door still work.

He got lucky this time because I decided to check the garage at midnight to make sure my baby MDX is alright (talk about obsession!) Otherwise, the car would be on the driveway overnight with the window down in the pouring rain. My darling hubby would have to make himself comfortable in the shed!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
A dime a dozen

Men comes in a dime a dozen....As for the ACURA MDX?

Hell...I dump your husband too if I know that I had to wait that long for an MDX....HAHAHAHAH

·
Registered
82 Posts
Re: A dime a dozen

Fireblade6 said:
Hell...I dump your husband too if I know that I had to wait that long for an MDX....HAHAHAHAH
Heh, well we're still waiting for pictures of your MDX performance headers. What's with the wait, if I may ask? You seem to have posted in every topic on this board but that (and the XC90 topic) and we know that you have a digicam :rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Men DO have value !!

My dear wife would argue strenuously against the suggestion that men have no value. Rather, she would suggest that a man has many redeeming values including:

Washing the MDX.
Walking the dogs.
Waxing the MDX.
Taking out the rubbish.
Vacuuming the MDX.
Picking up the dogs droppings.
Cleaning the MDX's leather.
Changing the furnace filter.
Washing the MDX.

In the past, I would have disagreed with the above; now I can't because I'm too busy. Need to check the list ... ahhhhh here it is, I'm supposed to be waxing the MDX ... sorry, gotta go

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm actually surprised and pleased that there are more women into the cars these days.. :D

Too bad for hubby tho.. should have known better..

But I think my wife would have probably answered the phone the same way your hubby did.. I'm the Automotive freak in the house..

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
AZmutt said:
Well....I've been lurking around this board for a while after I ordered my Mesa Beige (build date end of May, to be delivered early June). I orginally wanted Mahogany but they were discontinued so I 'settled' with Mesa Beige.

AZmutt

Don't agonize TOO much over the Mesa Beige. My heart was set on the Mahogany too! I even passed up one MB waiting for the MP. Finally, the MP was just TOO long of a wait and with no relief in sight, I settled for the Mesa Beige.

Today, I still like the MP, but every time I see one, it's dirty. The MB always looks clean and basically flawless. I just saw a MP in the "Staples" parking lot today. It's a great color, but this one showed every little flaw. Unfortunately the owner parked about 30 spaces closer to the door than I usually do...and it showed! ;)

If I had to do it over, I'd order Pearl White. WHEN they get it! :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts