Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2015 MDX for a couple of months and when I vacuumed the front driver's carpet for the first time, I noticed a hump running just left of midline from the front to the back.

It is no big deal since I never noticed it until now but I was wondering if it is normal? It is under the carpet so I can't tell if it is a part of the floor board (how it is designed) or if it is a bunch of wires/cables.

Anyway, I was just wondering if this is the way it is designed.

Any other people notice this?

JM

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have had my 2015 MDX for a couple of months and when I vacuumed the front driver's carpet for the first time, I noticed a hump running just left of midline from the front to the back.

It is no big deal since I never noticed it until now but I was wondering if it is normal? It is under the carpet so I can't tell if it is a part of the floor board (how it is designed) or if it is a bunch of wires/cables.

Anyway, I was just wondering if this is the way it is designed.

Any other people notice this?

JM
Since I don't know what you are talking about. Since the floor is not flat anyway. Also,we don't know if you have FWD or AWD. I would suggest that you go to a dealer and check it out yourself. That would make the most sense.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I don't know what you are talking about. Since the floor is not flat anyway. Also,we don't know if you have FWD or AWD. I would suggest that you go to a dealer and check it out yourself. That would make the most sense.
Thanks for the help- I have awd and I thought this forum might have helped - I guess not!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your question is very vague. The floor is not flat. I think suggesting you check out another car makes sense.
There is a ridge/hump that runs from front to back on the drivers side floor nearly in the middle.

I thought that some owners may have noticed this or could tell me if it is normal.

I could drive back to the dealer but the closest one is 1 1/2 hrs away.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Just checked on my 2014. There is a something similar to what you described. The floor drops slightly along that line, closer to the middle of the car being lower.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked on my 2014. There is a something similar to what you described. The floor drops slightly along that line, closer to the middle of the car being lower.
Thanks!! I guess this is just the way it is designed. I was worried it may have been a defect.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Often times, manufacturers route the backseat ventilation through the carpet (in other cases through the center console and/or doors). This may be what you are seeing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Often times, manufacturers route the backseat ventilation through the carpet (in other cases through the center console and/or doors). This may be what you are seeing.
As long as it is "the way it was built" - I am ok with it.

Thanks!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts