Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that this forum seems to suck down a truly scary amount of computer resources to run? My computer has been running sluggish lately, and the Windows task manager showed it was one of the pages running on Chrome. I used Chrome's built in task manager (Home icon on the right, "More Tools", "Task Manager") and saw (to my shock) that it was mdxers.org doing the damage (I normally have 10-20 tabs open).

I have repeatably seen this forum take 2.4 GIGAbytes of memory (really???!!!) and between 25 and 50% of my CPU capacity (yikes!!!). Just for giggles, I opened it (without logging on) with Microsoft Edge - the memory "dropped" to 340 or more Megabytes (still enormous) with the CPU usage running consistently in the mid-30% range. FWIW, when first opened in Chrome, this tab will run at about 300 Megabytes, but then slowly grows to well over 2 gigabytes of memory over a few minutes. I didn't leave Edge running long enough to see if it also had a "memory leak".

I'm not sure what's causing this - probably the dozen or so ads plastered around the page every time it loads. Many of them have embedded videos or moving .gifs. I can certainly understand (and support) some level of advertising being necessary to offset the (modest) cost of a forum like this one, but I'm considering having to move on to some other MDX-related forum since I clearly can't leave a tab open to this one full-time any longer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.