Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

Howling sideview mirrors

1872 Views 7 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  mogur
Is there a fix for the howling sideview mirrors? It seems anytime I go above 65 mph the mirrors howl & whistle.

Mike
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing, the howling should be from the A-pillar at high-speed (usually around 70) and with a crosswind. If you're certain it's coming from the mirrors, then this is the first report of mirror-noise I'm aware of (there were no mirror-howl complaints on 01s on this board that I remember).

Also, now that people are driving '02's, it'd be helpful to specify your model year -- especially b/c the sidemirrors on the 02 are different than the 01.

Back to the howling noise: it was referred to as the kazoo in some other posts. Search for that and it'll show up in a couple of threads. It's also under kazoo in the KB.

If you search for wind noise or windnoise with the membername field filled in as DMor you'll get a monster thread with lots of discussion and a self-fix for windnoise coming from the front.
See less See more
1 - 1 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.