Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
A-pillar howling fixed!

After an unfortunate incident with a piece of metal falling off a Wal-mart truck, I just got the windshield replaced in my formerly-howling '01 MDX. I'm happy to say that my thanksgiving drive from DC to Philly was completely howl-free. Although I do notice the wind noise more now...

Basically a sub-standard seal in the windshield on some of the '01 MDXs caused the obnoxious kazoo-like noise at speeds over 65-70 with a slight crosswind. Much as I tried I couldn't get my idiotic local dealers to do anything about it, and have been too busy to hound Acura Customer Care enough.

So I guess I have Wal-mart and the local glass guy to thank for my silent road trips! It was worth the $500 just for that!

FYI, I hear that they are improving the windshield for '02. Maybe they won't publicly acknowledge the issue, but it looks like Acura is trying to fix it.

· Registered
4 Posts
Please register the problem!

If you have this problem, please register it in the knowledge base (sorry, I don't know how to include a link). The more people we have registered there, the easier it will be for us to get the problem recognized by Acura. Also, please call Acura Customer Care to report your problem.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.