Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
anything other straight MSRP sounds...

GREAT!

This is probably bad news to 95% of all MDX owners...

In an odd way this could be the first sign of dealers facing the reality that supply and demand are coming in to sync.

Then again, it could just be an isolated thing, what are the circumstances around this "deal"? Wait time? Prior relationship with dealer?

·
Super Moderator
4,592 Posts
What area are you from? I like all think the supply is increasing.

the past two weeks I had calls from FIVE! dealers, saying they had cars, I even had to pass one up.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
I think there is some 'backing off' going on right now. My dealer told me a month ago my best bet would likely be a 2003 in six months, then he calls me yesterday and told me I was only one away from getting a GG Base +Navi in May, but the one ahead of me decided to take it.
He said but I should be in touch with you very soon, it should not be long at all now.
I am not sure what all that means, either more cancellations or more production.
I think as we creep ahead, more people are also considering a 2003 X and at least want to see what will be different.
Also, Nissan, Toyota, even Chrysler, are coming out with new or revised SUVs in the same price range. Check out Autoweek.com. MDX had an incredible 2 years, but the competition is not going to sit back and just watch as 2003 comes and goes.
Competition may finally start driving discounts. If the economy keeps it's slow climb back up probably those discounts will be offset some by higher interest rates which wont bother those of you able to throw down the cash.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Happy MDX Guy in Maine

How long did you have to wait to get your MDX? I also paid MSRP and the wheel locks were the only NC option, but I only had to wait 8 days to drive my MDX home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had no wait it had just come off the truck it had 5 miles on it. I think this dealer got a extra allocation of MDX's. They had just about every model and color available to purchase.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Sounds like supply, demand, and market forces are starting to catch up. Here in Southern California, appears that the best deal is still MSRP [no options included] and no forced options. Several [many?] dealers are still gouging [lots of forced options and/or MSRP + dealer markup].

I hope that the market forces take over here as well. While this won't help us [bought ours late Dec 01], it should help others. IMHO, this should help the MDX community. Others have driven our MDX and really liked it, but have opted for other vehicles [mostly RX300] because of the dealer attitudes out here. I believe that the "dealer attitude problem" has gone a long way to adversely affect the public view of the MDX.

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
execellent deal!!

Good one!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Pauls MDX
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing