Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 2012 mdx from carmax. The previous owner set a PIN for the navigation system to protect their home address in case the car is stolen (totally assuming that's why). I found the security codes and serial number but no one: car max, Acura navigation customer support can help me reset the personal ID number so I have the ability to enter my own home address.

I reset to the manufacturer settings and that didn't work. I also can't clear any personal data from that screen because it requires this PIN. Help me! I called a local dealership last week and they still haven't returned my call. I don't want to be charged if I go to a dealer for this. IMO it should've been taken care of before I recieved it from carmax.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I have seen some say that the anti theft code for the nav or radio will work to clear the PIN...might be worth a try...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After much stress and aggravation with customer support and carmax, I figured it out in my own. No thanks to those listed before or Facebook. I held down the menu, map/guide and cancel button and got a new screen! I'm adding pics of the process. After you clear all the data, enter your anti theft code but make sure the radio is on.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts