Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, need to replace terminals on both positive and negative end. I know the proper way is to buy the OEM cables and replace the whole thing. But the positive terminal is pretty expensive and kinda involving. So I am wondering whether anyone has tried to replace them with 'OEM style' clamps on the tip.

I took a look at them. It seems that I can either hacksaw or Dremel off the original terminals. But I don't know where to buy something that looks similar to the original, and how to crimp them together. Please share if you have any experience. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2007 MDX Elite (w/2008 motor)
119 Posts
Why do you need to replace only the ends? On mine, the ends were too wide to fit around the posts of my new battery, but Walmart sells shims that take up the space. Has worked fine for the last few years.

·
Registered
2007 MDX Elite (w/2008 motor)
119 Posts
Sorry just noticed you said you are already using them. When you say it does not look good, you mean it does not hold, or you just don't like the way it looks? If it's cosmetic, then butchering a non-OEM setup may not look good either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.