Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the glove box to deactivate the Automatic Noise Cancelling device. I removed the three bolts along the bottom but it is still in their fairly tight and I cannot remove it. Thank you.

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
299 Posts
I think this question has been answered either on this or acurazine forum. Can't seem to find the link though

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
62 Posts
I believe it was this thread:

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
62 Posts
why would you want to turn off ANC?
Some believe that you get better audio for music. Others want to hear the engine noise more. Some believe it is safer because you hear more noise from outside your car and therefore be more aware of their surroundings.

·
Registered
2016 Acura MDX ADV ENT
299 Posts
Some believe that you get better audio for music. Others want to hear the engine noise more. Some believe it is safer because you hear more noise from outside your car and therefore be more aware of their surroundings.
I think the only issue is when you want to install after market sub/amplifier.

Not sure disabling ANC with stock audio makes any difference. Anyone who disabled ANC please confirm if the audio quality is better with stock audio after disabling ANC?

·
Registered
2020 MDX Tech SH-AWD
62 Posts
I think the only issue is when you want to install after market sub/amplifier.

Not sure disabling ANC with stock audio makes any difference. Anyone who disabled ANC please confirm if the audio quality is better with stock audio after disabling ANC?
Can’t find the post again but I believe they said it really only improves the XM radio quality. I have the free trial but with CarPlay I don’t have any use for XM. YMMV.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts