Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I have bougt GROM Audio and I want to use it in XM SAT mode.
In the manual I found instructions that told me to disconnect XM Radio Receiver.
But in cars with AcuraLink XM Radio Receiver is a part of XM Control Unit and cannot be disconnected so easy.

If I use GROM Audio with XM Control Unit connected I need to press XM button once or twice to switch to GROM module every time I started engine.

I read service manuals and figured out
1. XM Control Unit has 3 connectors. Connector A, which connect XM Control Unit with CAN, Navi and Audio, Connector B which connect XM Control Unit with CAN, HFL and Audio. So I can't disconnect XM Radio without broking CAN or HFL.

2. GROM audio and XM receiver connected to Audio using Audio Connector D (14P)

3. GROM Audio connected to Audio Connector D using cable HON1M.

4. Audio Connector D used not only for XM radio. D3, D9 and D10 used to connect it with Navi Unit and Navi Display. So if I disconnect car Audio Connector D I lost Audio button and my display not show me XM menu.

My main question is how to properly disconnect XM Radio Receiver from Navi unit but keep F-CAN, B-CAN, Display and HFL working?

The second question is why GROM Audio in CDC mode not always detected by car. I need to start engine very fast and then it working.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
AFAIK you cannot completely disconnect it that is why there is a Y Harness.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Now that is beyond my knowledge sorry..
Your second question is also to the manufacture to answer.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
USASPEC uses the Y cable to attach at the module you have pictures of and works great!

You can try behind the head unit to see if it will help but it looks like the grom is a poorly designed unit...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also read about problem with USASPEC and MDX with AcuraLink
Here XM module from car without AcuraLink - it simple.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts