Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 17 MDX, but it didn't come with an owner's manual. I am going to order one from e-bay or something but in the meantime, I would LOVE to know how to program my seat adjustment.

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
402 Posts
There are automatic switches on the outside facing plastic where the usual seat controls are. Once you do that, set your mirrors and steering wheel to the precise setting you want. Then hit the set button on the door and hit 1 or 2 depending if you are mostly driving it or your SO is gonna drive it more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
You could download the latest PDF version from owners.Acura.com.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
There are automatic switches on the outside facing plastic where the usual seat controls are. Once you do that, set your mirrors and steering wheel to the precise setting you want. Then hit the set button on the door and hit 1 or 2 depending if you are mostly driving it or your SO is gonna drive it more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Make sure you have the key that you are going to use most of the time. The keys are marked driver 1 and driver 2. Match that up to the set button you are using. Then when you open the door,it will automatically move to your settings.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Like JTM suggested, you can sign up for the Acura owner's site and download the owner's manual and navi manuals for free. You can also get the radio/navi code and info on any recalls/TSBs. You can then set up your memory seats to work with the door locks, steering wheel position when you enter/exit, radio, and climate control.

The only PITA I haven't figured out an easy way to switch over is when the wife and I walk up to the vehicle and her key sync first when I'm the driver. Her driver's seat and radio presets kick in (me 6'3" and she is 4'11").

·
Registered
948 Posts
Like JTM suggested, you can sign up for the Acura owner's site and download the owner's manual and navi manuals for free. You can also get the radio/navi code and info on any recalls/TSBs. You can then set up your memory seats to work with the door locks, steering wheel position when you enter/exit, radio, and climate control.

The only PITA I haven't figured out an easy way to switch over is when the wife and I walk up to the vehicle and her key sync first when I'm the driver. Her driver's seat and radio presets kick in (me 6'3" and she is 4'11").
LOL...unintended consequences of the convenience of keyless ignition. Had never thought about it though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Carmax will reimburse me for whatever I spend on a new owner's manual.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
LOL...unintended consequences of the convenience of keyless ignition. Had never thought about it though.
It’s not necessarily the keyless ignition. It’s the memory function,which not all cars have. When I enter on the driver’s side and my wife enters on the passenger side,the car almost always picks up mine. But it picks up the wrong phone.

Reactions: lausy

·
Registered
948 Posts
It’s not necessarily the keyless ignition. It’s the memory function,which not all cars have. When I enter on the driver’s side and my wife enters on the passenger side,the car almost always picks up mine. But it picks up the wrong phone.
But if you didn't have the keyless ignition you would insert your key and the ignition would know which memory settings to use. In the models before keyless ignition the keys were marked as 1 or 2 and when you inserted the key it said "Driver One" or "Driver Two" then proceeded to move to those memory settings. With keyless ignition it has to decide which key to use if both are present when you push the ignition button. I imagine this is an issue across pretty much all brands, not just Acura.

Is the phone tied to the memory settings, or does the bluetooth just randomly decide which phone to use if two phones that are synced are present?

·
Registered
402 Posts
But if you didn't have the keyless ignition you would insert your key and the ignition would know which memory settings to use. In the models before keyless ignition the keys were marked as 1 or 2 and when you inserted the key it said "Driver One" or "Driver Two" then proceeded to move to those memory settings. With keyless ignition it has to decide which key to use if both are present when you push the ignition button. I imagine this is an issue across pretty much all brands, not just Acura.

Is the phone tied to the memory settings, or does the bluetooth just randomly decide which phone to use if two phones that are synced are present?
I am 100% sure that its only Honda and Acura that uses this BS system (driver 1 and driver 2 key). Our other vehicle, a 2019 Nissan Rogue has memory seats, and both fobs sync up to Driver 1 regardless. We have tried Tesla and many other brands, and none of them IICR don't use this ridiculous system.

In terms of Bluetooth, it should be the last used phone to pick up regardless if its Driver 1 or Driver 2. My dad and my phone are both connected to our 17, but it detects my phone, since its the last used.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I haven't figured out the method of the madness of the driver's seat being set to me; but, the radio/bluetooth/navi is set to her sometimes. Not an easy one touch button to switch the info-tainment over. I just end up duplicating info-tainment info for both drivers OR I have my wife turn off her bluetooth so my iphone will be primary OR I head out to the car first to start/sync first before she comes out.

It should be as easy as hitting the Drivier 1 or 2 button on the door for the seats, phone, info-tainment data to always sync to that driver?

·
Registered
402 Posts
It should be as easy as hitting the Drivier 1 or 2 button on the door for the seats, phone, info-tainment data to always sync to that driver?
The engineers at Honda have not thought about that idea when making the current gen MDX.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The driver 1 or 2 button moves the seat and the wheel. If my wife moves passed the car first, the seat goes to driver 1. With the wheel and infotainment system all at driver 1. The button moves the seat and wheel, but does not change the infotainment system. The phone is usually the last one used. It’s easy to change the phone. Not so easy to change the infotainment system. The key FOB also affects the map view on the Nav system.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Re the MDX picking up the wrong key, let the keys live in the house when you aren’t using them...I don’t take all my other vehicle keys with me all the time...you can only use/drive one at the time.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
Re the MDX picking up the wrong key, let the keys live in the house when you aren’t using them...I don’t take all my other vehicle keys with me all the time...you can only use/drive one at the time.
My wife always carries her car key. It comes in handy on our Bmw, where the door unlock button is on the dash.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
The Acura fobs are HUGE now days; especially, the remote start ones. I had to get 4 fob covers in different colors because my MDX and RLX keys look exactly the same. I keep my keys in the house and only grab the one I need (11 MDX, 18 RLX, or 19 MDX). I have quick release on the Acura key fob covers for house and mail box keys. The wife always keeps all of her keys in her purse. Just got in the habit of going out to the car first when I'm driving before her when we ride together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts