Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 16 MDX with the dual screen entertainment system in the rear. I have an HDMI port as well.

That said - I'm looking for ways (if there are any) that I could get movies on a digital device (instead of carrying so many dvds) and play them back on the rear entertainment.

I'm guessing an Ipod touch with an HDMI out cable is one option but are there other options out there to consider?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I use an apple connector and plugin to the hdmi.
I also have used an appletv and create a mobile hot spot with my phone. Then I have both the iPad and appletv to connect to the hotspot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I use an apple connector and plugin to the hdmi.
I also have used an appletv and create a mobile hot spot with my phone. Then I have both the iPad and appletv to connect to the hotspot.
I was looking at one of those connectors. Just curious - what do you mean by 'hotspot'? I'm probably not familiar enough yet as I just got it yesterday but I'd love to know about this.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was looking at one of those connectors. Just curious - what do you mean by 'hotspot'? I'm probably not familiar enough yet as I just got it yesterday but I'd love to know about this.
The cheapest option is the apple hdmi converter.
But on my phone I turned on the toggle to personal hotspot. This honestly was the most work. The little adapter just needs a long enough hdmi cable to connect.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I wonder how many people are still buying the entertainment package. I wanted rear heated seats, and I was disappointed I could only get them with the entertainment package (without Advance Package). For much less than $2,000, I could buy each of my kids an iPad, laptop, etc. of their choice that they could use for much more than just movies in the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here's my setup.

1) I have an old iphone 3 connected to an apple to component (http://upload.ecvv.com/upload/Product/20115/China_Apple_ipod_iphone_ipad_Component_AV_Cable_Mobile_Accessories20115251454453.jpg)
2) I then have a wireless USB key ([ame]http://www.amazon.ca/SanDisk-Wireless-Smartphones-Tablets--SDWS2-064G-E57/dp/B00H4BBWGY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1447427962&sr=8-2&keywords=sandisk+wireless[/ame]) that I load up with movies.
3) From the iPhone I play the movies from the wireless USB and Bob's your uncle... You have tons of movies.

It takes some work to get this to work but I have 2 young kids and I also don't like carrying loads of DVDs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Similar setup as well with our 2015 MDX with Advanced and Entertainment...

We use the Patriot Aero Wireless Mobile Drive . The one linked comes with a 1TB drive that you can put any media on, and supports up to five streams, is a WiFi hotspot, and has a rechargeable battery for wireless use. USB 3.0 so loading it up is pretty fast. We have lots of content on ours.

My kids have iPads where they can each watch what they want, and my wife can watch something in the front seat on hers.

Plug it in with the iPod to HDMI adapter, and you are all set.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Buy a media player box such as this one for $40:

Since you have dual screen system, you should have 110-volt outlet to power it up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm refusing to answer based on two things.

1) I have no idea how to help you because I don't have one and I am not technologically savvy and
2) I'm jealous. My wife said "no way are we spending the money on that package." So, I had to stick with the AcuraWatch+. Good luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts