Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, prob a couple of stupid questions from a Zaino novice (first use this weekend!):

1) What is the best way to clean the Zaino applicator sponge?

2) After using Z-5 (ZFX activated), and Z-6, can I use Z-2 (ZFX activated) on the SAME applicator before cleaning it, or should I use a different sponge or the other side.

Thanks,
cbarry

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have had good luck just rinsing mine out in the wash water and letting it air dry. When it gets really dark i put it in the washer with the other cotton towels. Once I made the mistake of putting it in the dryer and it pretty much came apart.

·
Registered
3,761 Posts
Well, it might be too late on the ZFX applicator now...I hear that stuff dries like cement (haven't used it yet, myself, but going to). Here are some ideas:

- I believe Zaino recommends hand washing the applicators in warm water immediately after use.
- I sometimes just spray them off with the hose
- I more often toss them in the wash w/the towels. Eventually, they do get thrashed, but I get maybe 8 or 10 (sometimes more) uses out of them even doing this.

It isn't a problem combining z1/2/3/5/zfx on the same applicator, although I usually use one side for z1 and the other for 2/3/5. I would just use the same side for 2 and 5 with or without zfx on it.

·
Registered
715 Posts
barry, bottom line is how dirty is the applicator? If it is dirty, use another one. If it is clean, or the other side is clean, go ahead and use it. When in doubt, use a clean applicator....they are pretty cheap.

I prefer a microfiber applicator. Better spread and durability.

I used ZFX (on Z2) and had no problem with cleanup afterward. A little bit of dishwashing liquid to clean the vial and the applicator and I am all set for my next go around, probably this weekend, after the temp drops 40 degrees:mad: tomorrow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
5 Participants
octavian
Acura MDX SUV Forums
Acura MDXers Forum - a community where enthusiasts discuss engines, tires, service and everything you need to know about the MDX!
Full Forum Listing