Acura MDX SUV Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2008 model and just recently swapped out my OEM wipers with BOSCH Icons. But I am noticing that the driver-side wiper is not doing a good job at all. It appears that the wiper blade is flopping about and is not being held securely.

If you look at the attached photo, there is a rectangular gripping area which would hold the OEM wiper securely. My BOSCH wiper just sits on top of this gripping area now... it doesn't appear to fit and slot inside of it. So from the picture you can see that the blade just easily lifts away from the arm.

Does anyone know how to secure this wiper properly?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I have the same wipers and you have to remove that part for the wiper to work properly. Zero issues after that for me.

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I think there was a single (Phillips?) screw inside the wiper guide thingy. The screw head looks pretty small and very easy to damage. I put the screw back when I removed it and tossed the wiper guide in the hatch area under the floor (just in-case I switch back to OEM down the road).

Main reasons I switch to ICON were:
- my TSX and RDX had OEM ICON type blades compared to the old school MDX blades
- OEM blades just looked larger compared to the sleeker ICON types
- I was getting an extremely annoying faint "whistling sound" on the passenger side when I get a crosswind on the hwy sometimes (zero sound with ICON blades)

Reactions: 75Blazer

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
I had the same issue with some Costco blades and switched them out for something thinner. Good to know there is a fix. Thanks mrgold!!

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
Yes there is a small Philip screw holding the plastic guide that the wiper arm has.. I believe this is done to keep the wiper aligned when cleaning the lower portion of the windshield.

I switched to some Michelins (Similar Design to the ICONS) and there is a small friction jump when cleaning the windshield for the first time when dry. Once the windshield is soaked there is no problem but I think that was the purpose of the Wiper Arm Guide.. Just remove it and you can install any aftermarket wiper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the fix! Just bought a 11' mdx this week and changed the wipers with bosch icon's today. Drivers side was missing a large portion in the middle of windshield and removing that guider fixed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts