Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to calibrate the tire pressure monitors? The Reading on the dash is not the reading the pressure gauge. I also check them with a another gauge so the problem is with the vehicle.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The procedure is detailed in the Service Manual, but do not have it with me at this time.

As soon as posible I'll take a look and I will post the way to do it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'm sorry but I was wrong.
After reading the entire TMPS title in the Service Manual, there's no way to reset the readings.

It seems the system has their own real readings, instead of a range with a starting value.

There's no explanation about your issue in the service manual, but tells something about that every sensor has their own battery... could it be that your batteries are at the end of their live?

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
There is a tolerance of several psi for the TPMS. I set mine exactly the same, using a very good dial indicator, and they show up to three psi different.
However, I did have one go bad on me. It was showing 25 psi, when the gauges and other tires read 34. I had that one replaced under warranty, because it was giving me the low tire pressure warning message.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'm checking my tire pressure with an old school circular tire pressure gauge and it's reading 32psi just as it's suppose to. However the tpms is reading 37, it's a whole 5 psi off. Will the dealer do anything under warranty, or could they re-calibrate?

·
Registered
349 Posts
acurrate said:
I'm checking my tire pressure with an old school circular tire pressure gauge and it's reading 32psi just as it's suppose to. However the tpms is reading 37, it's a whole 5 psi off. Will the dealer do anything under warranty, or could they re-calibrate?
I am not sure they will do anything as the system will still work and is intended to alarm when there is a difference between the readings.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just checked the tires on my 09 sport with my digital guage (from Brookstone). It says 35 in both rear tires. The screen in the dash shows 39 and 41. Which is correct? My other car doesn't show the individual tire pressures as part of its TPMS display so I'd like to know if Im really overfilling my tires all the time or if there is some sort of defect with the Acura display! Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, since I can't find any postings about TPMS re-learning when installing new tire/rim/tpms for winter, I guess I'll just get out there and put the darn things on (RATS, first snow this morning...) and see what happens...
BTW, I got 17" MODA rims, Blizzak rubber, TPMS, mount, balance, lug nuts, A SOCKET!!, and delivered to my door, from Tire Rack, for CDN$1605.
Local tire shops wanted CDN$2500 + for the same set up!
How can anyone NOT buy from these guys???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts