Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering an MDX after test driving several Honda Pilots and finding a repeated slight vibration in the steering wheel at highway speed. It got me thinking if Honda and Acura use any of the same parts. Is there any way to tell how similar the front end of a 2014-15 Pilot is to a 3rd gen MDX?

·
Registered
869 Posts
Vibration in the steering wheel is most likely an issue with tire and wheel balance, or possibly a defective tire.

Unlikely to be related to steering or suspension in a 2014 or 2015, IMO. Older vehicles can have issues with worn ball joints or other components, but that is not really a design issue.

3rd gen MDX ( 2014+ ) has essentially the same front end as 3rd-gen Pilot ( 2016+ ). Struts and springs are stiffer in MDX. Electrically assisted power steering is same AFAIK. 2014 and 2015 Pilot have hydraulically assisted power steering. But overall suspension design is very similar in front. Rear is different.

·
Registered
289 Posts
shake

Don't rule out warped brake rotors, as they can definitely cause a slight shake, and a shuddering brake pedal when brakes are applied. I think the MDX kinda has a rep for warped rotors. Not sure about the Pilot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts