Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys so as the title says, what are some reliable Acura models/Years you guys recommend? I’m 19 and just saved up almost 6k, I was going to get an IS or GS350 but they’re a little to expensive right now so I rather save up for 55 printing color copies a year to get it. Right now I have a Nissan Altima 2005 which is going to break down very soon with 200k miles on it, I really wanna get a used car ASAP to get to work. I was thinking either an Acura TL because of its sporty/somewhat luxury look for its age 2004-2008 But is that model/years actually reliable? Also What are some other reliable models you guy would recommend? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
The 06-08 TL is a good choice along with the 06-08 TSX. I've had a 06 TSX since new and it had +160,000 miles before it got totaled by a red light runner in Nov/19. It still ran like new and I would have taken the TSX another 100,000 miles minimal.

You might find more TLs out there compared to TSXs since the TL was Acura's big seller back then. Prices will probably be around the same for both models depending on mileage. The only options for both (I think) was with or without navi. The 6MT will be more expensive than the 5AT models for both models. Both have around the same size and interior room with the nod going to the TL for upgraded interior and touch more space. Folks like the TSX because it was made in Japan, light weight, good balance, and had very good handling. The TL was made in North America and didn't handle as well as the TSX because of the larger engine up front.

The 2.4L TSX with the 5AT won't win any acceleration records. The TL is the way to go if you have a need for speed.

Another option is the 07-09 RDX. I still have my 08 RDX tech with +170,000 miles and that is soooo much fun to drive, just as reliable as the TSX/TL, excellent visibility, easier to drive with sh-awd and turbo tq, excellent city car, great for hauling 4 people and gear around, can add a hitch for bikes in minutes, and all weather capabilities. There and performance and handling mods for the RDX that can increase hp/tq to +300 hp/tq AND improve mpg at the same time (win/win).

All three come in about the same price. I would test drive all three just to see how each feels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts