Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much watts the stock MDX stereo system puts out?(NotBose).

Ive read the upgraded threads for the aftermarked speakers some of you have replaced the stock ones, but have any of you checked if the stock amp can handle different speakers? Just wondering. And for those of you who changed the doors, did you also change the tweeters in the front doors too? Anyone swaped out the 10 inch sub in the back?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
If you do searches on subwoofers and mushman over the last month you will get lots of info on subs.
Yes, I believe someone did a component swap out with the door tweeter and the door mid/woofer.
That will require re-wiring of the NEW door speakers, as the stock Bose were wired with a bypass cap feeding the door tweeter. This was wired through the same speaker connector in the door. But if you use an adapter like to replace the door speaker with a coaxial, it will bypass the connection for the door tweeter. It will only provide the full spectrum output to the coaxial. That is not to say you could not use the existing Bose wiring and adapt new components.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I have the base, swapped out the factory speaks for 652's. Amazing difference. There's only so much you can get out of this stereo, but if you dont want to do any major work, this setup will amaze you if youre used to listning to those awful stock headache causing drivers. You should disconnect the door mount tweet as you dont need it if you're running a coax in front. If you leave them connected, you will get crappier sound due to conflicting slopes, as Honda doesnt set the wiring up properly. Easy disconnect of harness behind the grill. With the tweet angled up, I dont have any problem hearing all the highs. Much better than before. You could go to component, but IMO, not worth the money or trouble if you're not running more power. The Sub is run separately off a 35 watt (they say) separate amp in the rear. I plan on changing that out with a POLK, but for right now it sounds OK. The real diff are the front/rear speaker change, it's huge, trust me.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It's been proven over and over again to be a worthwhile change. You can still go all out with a custom system in the future if you want.
In the meantime, at least you got the audio to what most of us would determine to be an acceptable level of enjoyment.
Do we already have a poll on this? That's an idea! I need to boost my number of posts!

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
It's been proven over and over again to be a worthwhile change. You can still go all out with a custom system in the future if you want.
In the meantime, at least you got the audio to what most of us would determine to be a noticable level of improvement.
Do we already have a poll on this? That's an idea! I need to boost my number of posts!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts