Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

How many years are you planning to keep your MDX?

• 1-2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 years

Votes: 9 6.4%
  • 4 years

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • 5-6 years

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • 7+ years

Votes: 84 59.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a question: How long are you planning to keep your MDX for? Knowing Honda and Acura quality, I am planning to keep mine for at least 6-7 years. How long I WILL actually keep it once there is the next generation of MDX, is a different question! :D

·
Registered
117 Posts
Definitely 7+ years... can't shell out another $40K too soon.
Unlike mdxxxx i can't afford 6 cars!! :) (can you tell i'm still in shock?) :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
For as long as it will last - not too often i'll spend this kind of money on a vehicle, short of winning the lotto. :2:

2003 SS MDX

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Hi All:

___Since I don’t have an X yet, I had to refrain from voting but when I do, 10 years and/or 200,000 miles … whichever comes last. That should just about do it ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email protected]

·
Registered
728 Posts
48 Months to be exact

I'll keep mine for the 48 months on the lease and then turn around and lease another one. I may have to keep it 50 months or so to wait for the newest model about late September or early October in 2006. (Man, that seems a long way off)

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Desant,

I'll go out on a limb and say that I plan on keeping my MDX for 10 years or longer.:5:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I feel the same way. After spending all this money, I feel like keeping it for at least 7-9 years or till it stop working, which probably won't happen if I take care of it well.

HOWEVER, I know what may happen. I will be almost paid off in 3-4 years and then Acura will introduce this new MDX or XDX or ADX ;) that will be the latest concept and will have 360 HP, real-time satellite info NAVI, self-commuting mode for freeways, 4x4 that avoid sliding or rollover for 99.99%, security features that blow an airbag bubble around you...

OK, I will stop letting my imagination run wild, but you get the point! Then I will say :12: - WOW - I gotta have this car!!! And there will go my 7-8 years... Or, maybe not. Maybe there will go my Montero or TL-S! Who knows?

:9:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I don't have my X yet but, if history is an indicator, when I do, I'll be keeping it for a looong time. I just got rid of a 1992 Nissan Pathfinder and will be deciding out what to do with our 1991 Honda Civic when the X arrives. Both ran for 11+ years with minimal problems (both with low mileage for their age). Needless to say, an MDX is quite an upgrade but, a lot has changed in the 11 years since purchasing those two vehicles sooooo many years ago. :)

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Wow....wondering why there is MULTI-Choices for this....

Unless I destroy the car, otherwise I will be keeping it for a LONG LONG time. I hope this car could last twice of my Maxima [which is in its 10th year], since it costs twice. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
We typically trade based on mileage/problems ...

... and not on years. However that has translated to about every 4 years most of the time.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Plan on keeping mine......

..............7 to 8 years and will probably have around 200,000 miles by then (drive approximately 25,000+ miles a year) .......Will be really interesting to see how it holds up. I'm counting on it being a TYPICAL HONDA taking me to over 200,000 miles with very few problems, if any!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Till Lease Ends

We're planning on keeping ours till end of the lease then evaluating what's our needs vs suv's on market vs our MDX and make a buy-turn in & lease or change model decision.

After 18 months, it's a no-brainer to buy this or release another MDX. Just wish they'd add some minor lux touches like xenons, auto up/down all around, etc.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
I probably will keep the MDX for 7 years/100k miles, if I eventually buy the extended warranty. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable keeping it past that. Plus by then there'll be amazingly better vehicles out, including a new MDX (either released or very close to it).

·
Registered
11,138 Posts
7 plus years here, need it to carry all of the stuff for my 3 college bound daughters!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts