Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 MDX and have had very few problems with it, I'm approaching 90k miles and I put on about 18k a year. I know in the next year I'll be approaching the time for timing belt and water pump replacement which will run me about $1,000. About how many miles can I expect to put on my car before I start putting money into it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just rolled over 140k on my 07 and its still rock solid. Just as long as you keep up on maintenance, you should be good. I Plan on keeping mine to 200k or so.

A few mild nuisances have popped up like just recently my speaker went out and so did an interior bulb but those didn't cost more then $25 combined to fix.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Will keep mine until it blows or until something fails that is more expensive than buying the whole car again...
So it has still many many years of service.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Will drive it forever until the car won't move.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Acura repairs are pretty cheap compared to what you pay for a monthly new(er) car payment. It would take a serious engine, trans, sh-awd, or ELS failure to get me to sell before 200,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
^ I was wary of the SH-AWD system until I saw some entire diff units pop off on eBay... You can basically buy the entire diff assembly for as low as 180 bucks! they average around 300-400 bucks so even SH-AWD at least in our gen is pretty cheap.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts