Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

301 - 320 of 326 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
2008 MDX (Don't know the package but its got the roof mounted DVD. Normal suspension setup).

Bought at 172,xxx miles August last year. Just clocked 180,000 Miles.

Fixes so far:
Replaced corroded transmission cooler line feeding into the radiator.
Engine oil change
Replaced warped front rotor and pads. (Didn't know heavy braking warped these rotors. Learnt the hard way. I brake gently now. New rotor has only 1000 miles.)
Replaced reverse camera.

Current Issues:
Fan relay sticks sometimes which keeps radiator fan on after i have turned off ignition. Pulled it and gave it a few good whacks weeks ago. Been fine ever since. :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
2007 Tech/192k.

Owned since 84k/2011. Only fixed issues have been belt tensioner, wheel speed sensor and alternator besides brakes tires and fluids.Also transmission sensor for $120 installed.

Current issue is cool air passenger and warm air driver. Kids in rear ice cold air.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone with over 75K miles? Any issues with transmission? etc.. I'm only approaching 30k and it will be a long time before I hit 75K.
Old thread but I've had my 07 since new and now pushing 160k HARD miles. Its extremely well maintained but i drive the piss out of it and have towed 5000lb loads countless times. The old girl has never required anything beyond scheduled maintenance and runs as strong as she did new. Been kicking around the idea of a big trans cooler but 100% prob free thus far!

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 MDX - Tech Pkg
Purchased Jan 2019 with 236k Kms/146k miles.
Current mileage: 244k kms/ 151k miles.

It's been 7 months since I bought my 2012 MDX Tech with 146k miles and is currently at 151k miles.
Since I didn't have access to the maintenance history, I've changed the fluids so I can keep it for my records and for peace of mind. I also brought it to my Acura dealer look over the underside suspension components and a general inspection of the MDX.

My model year was covered under Acura's extended warranty for the Oil Consumption Test and was approved for repair.

Here are the repairs/maintenance items done within the last 7 months:
  • New Michelin tires - balanced
  • Change Fluids - Oil Change - ATF change
  • Engine and Cabin Air Filters
  • Fog light bulb
  • Wiper blade
Feb - Aug 2019: Undergoing Oil Consumption Test
Aug 2019: Approved for Repair - waiting for date

- Timing Belt - Spark Plugs - etc will be replaced during repair

Current Issue (s):
  • Front Rotors and Pads
  • Driver side seat forward/back not working

·
Registered
22 Posts
2011 MDX Advance. Purchased 4/2014 with 42K miles. Now has 142K miles.

Non-maintenance items:

RF wheel bearing
1 TPMS sensor
Rear ADS shocks (which failed outside of the extended warranty, of course!)
RF CV joint

·
Registered
3 Posts
2012 MDX - Tech Pkg - Canadian model
Purchased Jan 2019 with 236k Km / 146k miles.
Current mileage: 245k Km / 152k Miles

It's been 7 months since I bought my 2012 MDX Tech with 146k miles and is currently at 151k miles.
Since I didn't have access to the maintenance history, I brought the MDX to my dealer for an inspection where the fluids and filters were also changed for peace of mind.

In Feb, I was told that my model year is eligible for Acura's Excessive Oil Consumption Extended Warranty and after undergoing the Test has since been approved for repair.

Here are the repairs/maintenance items done within the first month of ownership:
  • New Michelin tires
  • Replace Fluids (Oil, ATF)
  • Engine and Cabin Air Filters
  • Fog light bulb (replaced with LED set)
  • Wiper blade - replaced with Honda OEM
Non-maintenance Issue (s):
  • Driver CV Axle boot leaking
  • Excessive Oil Consumption
Feb - Aug 2019: Undergoing Oil Consumption Test
Aug 2019: Approved for Repair - waiting for date

Timing Belt - Spark Plugs - etc to be replaced during warranty repair at dealership

This is my second MDX and despite it's high mileage, has always been reliable and kept my family safe (knock on wood). Looking forward to another 100K!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It certainly is pretty high. I assume this is reflected in its very low price. If I bought this car I would hope not to do a transmission but I would certainly keep it in mind. If you get 250k out of an automatic you did pretty well.
Keep in mind my odometer reading is in Km's not miles since I'm from Canada but I agree, 250k Kms is high mileage nonetheless. It was definitely a risk buying a pre-owned vehicle with high mileage but she has treated me well so far. I was told that the previous owner commuted quite far for work so that may explain how the car has such high km's for its age. I'm waiting for the Extended Warranty repair for the excessive oil consumption and I plan to replace the Timing Belt, water pump at that time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2009 with 128k miles. Had it since 32k miles. Everything is working good.
So far I have replaced:
  • Drive belt
  • Oil pressure switch
  • AC relay
  • Timing belt
  • Windshield washer pump
  • Mirror actuators
  • Sway Bar stabilizer
  • Rear Shocks
  • Front struts
  • Hood struts
  • TPMS sensors

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
2007 Tech. Hit a nice number today. Cheers! Will try to double/triple it!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Anyone with over 75K miles? Any issues with transmission? etc.. I'm only approaching 30k and it will be a long time before I hit 75K.
Wow, it's been almost 9 years since I started this thread. Mine still going strong with only 79K miles. Oly 49K miles in 9 years. I need to get out more.

301 - 320 of 326 Posts