Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just wondering the life expectancy of the battery of the Acura TPMS. So far my 2005 MDX has 70k only without any problems. Would like to hear from your input.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
TPMS lifetime is hard to predict. It really depends on your driving style, terrain experienced, whether the driver likes to curb their wheels a lot, whether your tire mounter has taken care to protect the TPMS, and then of course you're subject to random failures. Most should last 5-7 years/50-70k due to the batteries. They were originally designed for 10 year/100k, but I doubt that's really happening.

I'm the type that if the TPMS sensor breaks, oh well. The stem is another matter. I manually check the pressure anyway about every other week before I go gas up. Just a habit I guess. Then I'll change the TPMS when I change tires.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I am just wondering the life expectancy of the battery of the Acura TPMS. So far my 2005 MDX has 70k only without any problems. Would like to hear from your input.

Thanks
I've got 105K miles on my 2004 (owned it since new)....mine seem to be working and, as far as I know, no work has been performed on them.

·
Registered
435 Posts
2004 MDX owned since new.
232K miles and TPMS still working. I know since I got low tire pressure warning today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome!

I just had my factory tires replaced, but I didn't buy the sensors. Discount tires charged me the rebulid kit and so far so good I don't see any warning light. My 05 MDX has only about 70K and I am not going to worry more after I saw your posts.:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Our 2005 MDX with 130k miles has three of the original four TPMS sensors. We lost one a year or two ago due to damage done during a tire install. They bought a new Acura sensor and installed it and programmed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts