Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how long did you or are you waiting for your MDX. Brother in law wants one and needs an idea of what sort of time frame he is looking at getting an MDX. Thanks a lot, i waited 4 months.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
7 months.

but it is cutting down to 2~3 months in my area now...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow... 2-3.... anyone in the NY-NJ Area that can help out?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ed, which dealer are you getting yours from. and is it true that if you want quicker delivery, the dealership will charge your over MSRP?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wait period...

Ordered mine in mid-March, delivery expected early June (2 1/2 months) - but have received phone calls on other colors/packages that have come in with no buyers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah, you missed out on the mahogany color that your wife wanted.... she threw you in the dog house.... lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
yeah, you missed out on the mahogany color that your wife wanted.... she threw you in the dog house.... lol

Vik - don't get me started - actually, I'm the wife and my husband has yet to truly redeem himself but, for the children's sake, I've chosen to put that little episode behind us.....;)

...*still* waiting for Mesa Beige

·
Registered
106 Posts
9.5 months. But should be around 4 months now. Go with a dealer that gets a larger allocation. Try Montclair Acura.

·
Registered
75 Posts
We ordered ours in mid-January and took delivery March 22. It came in early, but we didn't complain. :) Ours came from Courtesy Acura in Lexington, KY. They were great to deal with. We paid $500 under MSRP.

·
Registered
7 Posts
how long

Vik
I ordered mine from Park Ave. Acura in Maywood. I am not in a hurry so I did not ask about paying more for faster delevery.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
About 3 weeks from phone call with dealer. Expect delivery 1 May.
Paying MSRP plus $980 for full tow pkg. install. Not a forced option, I want it fully warranted along with the car. Plus I want wheel locks at time of pickup, since I will taking the car on a 500 mile journey back home. Rear flaps seemed like a good idea too. Rest will be in my garage waiting for installation.

Previously on a 6 month waiting list, but I was on less than 2 months, and decided to be my own broker and started contacting fleet managers, etc. by phone, email. etc. It really works! Most are quite responsive and straight forward about their terms.

·
Registered
285 Posts
got ours in 4 days

we got lucky... placed our order last saturday, april 13th, got a call from the dealer on april 16th saying the car was already on their parking lot... i think what happened was that someone ordered one and later decided to cancel the order, and we were just at the right place and the timing was right... we paid MSRP on it but the dealer threw in the rear mud guards, moon roof visor, body side molding, wheel locks and VIN etching for free... it's been a very nice experience with the sales person... he also gave us a very good trade-in value for our old car...

usually the waiting time here in north texas is around 2-3 weeks... and nobody is paying over MSRP... i've tried three dealerships, and everytime i was quoted for MSRP, they always agreed to throw in some free accessories...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my RedRock Base in December, and just got the phone call from the Acura of Westchester in Larchmont, NY that the car will be delivered end of April to beginning of May. 4-5 months wait.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I got my MBM Touring in one month

The normal wait is 30 - 45 days to get the color and package that you want. It arrived at the dealership on 04-16 and is getting the rear deflector (painted to match) added now. The dealership was great and my salesman was wonderful to work with. I paid $500 over MSRP with no forced options. They are giving me a break on the rear deflector also.

Kevin Klug
Colorado Springs, CO

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ordered March 16, expected May 15.

I got the distinct impression that the dealer bumped mine up near the top because of all the toys I ordered on it.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Called my dealer to order My 2002 Taffeta White/Touring on 3-20-02 and drove it home the next day. Because this dealer has sold so many MDXs they are now getting extra vehicals allmost every delivery. I had to drive 2 hrs from Maine to N.H. (No Acura dealers in Maine) but thats OK.
Looooove my MDX
Harry

·
Registered
24 Posts
Same day!

Drove into lot Saturday morning, drove out 2hours later in the exact X we wanted!

I had looked at the X a year ago and put down a deposit on a black/saddle premium. When it came in I changed my mind since we just bought a new house.

Well to make a long story short, I was finally about from under my Dogrango, pulled into the dealer to see how long of a wait, and they had a black/saddle premium on the lot. Someone else ordered it and didnt want it when it came in.
My gain!

Made a deal, they gave me more than I wanted for my trade, and I now have the vehicle of my dreams.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts