Acura MDX SUV Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
FYI

This question has been discussed before. Using Search can help you find the old thread is you are interested. If memory serves correct (and it may not:rolleyes: ) it was in the Polls Forum and the membership was polled on this.

We usually keep cars four years. But usually may be changing now that two of the kids are in college:cool:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Ten years minimum, often going to fourteen. We seldom put more than 7,000 miles on our cars in a year, but it looks like the MDX is going to hit around 12,000 in its first year (fun to drive, plus I'm driving farther to work now).

·
Registered
75 Posts
We have tended to turnover cars fairly regularly, but now that we have two Acura's, we will probably be hanging on to these cars for a while. My goal is to put 200,000 miles on my TL (I'm 1/3 of the way there now after less than three years), and I suspect we will probably hang on to our X from anywhere to six to nine years.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Probably 10 years. That is the number of years that I feel would best justify my purchase of this fine car at its expense. I don't believe a car is an "investment". It is just expense. Like any vehicle, in the several couple years the value of the car is rapidly diminishing. Using the MDX for a longer time and with no payment will provide the continuous enjoyment and not demanding car payment. Hopefully the maintenance and repair willl be small.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wow, i guess im the only one returning it after my lease is up in 2 years... I understand some of your feelings though, if I paid 40K in cash for this car id keep it as long as possible.... Great car however and I will consider keeping it at lease end if the purchase amount is comparable to the going market rate...

·
Registered
112 Posts
And I thought I was the exception...

10 years, too.......as per hubby:rolleyes: ;) ! Also planning for my 5 year old to enjoy as a hand-me-down!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I kept my Honda Accord for sixteen years. I'll be shooting for twenty with the X; especially since this is my retirement ride.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My Accord is going on 14 years this summer and currently 244k miles and running fine. My previous Accord went 6.5 years and 108k miles. Who knows how long the MDX will last. I would like to see 15 years or at least 200K.

·
Registered
95 Posts
10 years is my hope too. Our son will turn 16 about that time so it will probably be handed over to him.

Kim

·
Registered
88 Posts
Looking for around 10 years...

Got 9 years on my GSR with 105K (just broken in and could easily do another 100k) the guy that bought it said "Wow, just over a 100k this thing is almost brand new..."

The MDX should last at least that long... :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
I never go as long as planned

In the past, I have never kept cars as long as I initially planned. I tend to get bored with cars quite quickly.

That being said, I have never had a vehicle I love as much as I love my MDX.

Knowing my past history I would tend to think I would keep the MDX about 4 years. However, after two months and almost 7,000 miles I could see me going 5 years or more because it is still the sweetest car I have ever owned.

MIKEinTN

back from lots of travels and not much surfing time over the past month or so!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
As long as I could :D

·
Registered
312 Posts
4 to 8 Years. If it has any issues or something else comes out that REALLY appeals, it'll be four. But, my plan is to buy it after my 4 year lease and replace my other car. When that car is paid off, I'll replace the X.

Surprised to see so many people with 10 years listed as a goal.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
10 years

My wife agreed to let me make the mods to our MDX on the condition that we keep the car for at least 10 years:)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Many of us all love new cars. If money is no problem, changing car every other year certainly provides the enjoyment of new car (or more .. new car smell.)

However, with the lovely MDX in the garage, the priority of wanting a new car now shifted to low. After six month, I still think the MDX has everything I wanted and everything as advertised. If you are used to using lease as your car life style, and being able to change car often, that is great. It is not so great to our family finance and kids college expenses. Yes for those of us who bought the car as purchase and wish to keep it a long time, I can picture that we will be driving our kids to college in the MDX many years later.

:2:

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
7/100,000 miles

That's was my initial plan, but after hearing rumors of changes and seeing so many new SUV's out there it may be sooner. If the beef the horsepower up, I may consider selling and going to a newer model. You always at first think your going to keep forever, then something new shows up to change your mind.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts