• Other

Votes: 19 13.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This poll is designed to find out if your MDX is a soccer mom's SUV, a family van (!), or a SPORT utility vehicle, or a sport UTILITY vehicle.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I use my Mahogany '01 for both commuting and utility -- hauling various things, including all of my equipment that I use in my on-location audio recording sideline business (it's SO much easier to pack than my '93 Explorer, and holds so much more!)

·
Registered
6,531 Posts
STREET Utility Vehicle

My SUV is a STREET UTILITY VERSATILE Machine:2:

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Well, today it hauled 400 lb of compost/manure out to the homestead. Thank goodness for the sunroof, at $0.97 per bag, I don't think it was quite composted!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, what have we learned? Out of over 150 hits there are only 30 replies. This could mean that the same people keep coming back to look, or it could mean that lots of people look but don't vote - why would they not vote? Another thing we learned is that either there are only two soccer moms on this forum, or only two that are willing to admit it!

·
Registered
6,809 Posts
AcuraMDX2002 said:
This poll is designed to find out if your MDX is a soccer mom's SUV, a family van (!), or a SPORT utility vehicle, or a sport UTILITY vehicle.
Commuter vehicle and to carry large items home from Baby's r Us and bye bye baby. A car doesn't have the room to carry these items home.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Mostly just my plush commuter vehicle and does a fine job hauling my hockey equipment.(as long as I roll the rear window a crack..whhhheeeeew)

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Drive to office (either my office or my wife's office) every working day. It also the main car when we take our baby out of the house. :2:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Long out of town trips. Drive up the twisty mountain roads to Big Bear and Snow Valley to snowboard.
Drive up to the Sequoia National Park. Weekend get aways to Palm Springs, Santa Monica and route 101 or PCH towards San Francisco.

Surfing trips. Mountain biking trips, Going out on a night in town.

·
Registered
8,866 Posts
Mostly the "family" vehicle. . . trips, shopping, school, etc.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I used it as a family vehicle for trips, everyday stuff and utility. I use my Montero for sports type of things - like hiking, driving up a mountain for fun or to reach some remote fishing locations or just for the heck of it...

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Since I work from home - no commuting - so I use it as errand runner for me & we take it when my wife & I go out & on trips. Low mileage too - 9900 miles since 10/01...........though not as low as the RX........7500 since 1/01. You can tell which vehicle is driven more :4:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
What's a "soccer mom?' When I played soccer (football) no self respecting mother would be seen at a game.
Use the X on weekends, and only drive it once during the week on my wife's day off so she can drive her Camry to the mall, supermarket, and other environs where "dings" may lurk. :5:

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I'm the only driver of my MDX.....

........and I will NOT LET ANYONE come within a foot of the driver's seat!! :D .........my MDX was bought primarily for it's sporty handling and performance, rugged go-anywhere capabilities to take me to remote locations (not boulder bashing off-roading) like the mountains, snow-covered vistas etc. and for future activities such as skiing and snowboarding. Secondary emphasis was also placed on UTILITY for hauling stuff occasionally. The "X" will also serve me as my PLUSH daily commuter as I travel a lot in my business as a Mortgage Broker.

....Being an outdoors-type, I might use the MDX to tow a boat or jet-skis in the future!......and that's why I got it with the tow package!

·
Registered
122 Posts
MDX use

My MDX is my everyday utility vehicle. It's got to handle the following tasks with style, performance, & RELIABILITY!

1. Haul a family of 5 (2 adults & 3 teens) & their gear everywhere they need (College, field hockey camp, Bball camp, etc.). Plus, have room for 1-2 friends or relatives that are going our way.

2. December-March - Pull thru 250' of unpaved drive to get to the road in front of our house, frequently with 6" to 16" of snow. I don't bother to clear the drive till I get home cause freezing my butt on the tractor is too tough to take at 6:30am. Plus, provide a vehicle my wife and teenage daughters can use that won't leave them stuck in the ditch during snowstorms.

3. April-September - It's got to pull the boat and be able to handle some very steep and extremely slick boat launch sites. You can't truly appreciate the AWD capability of the MDX until you've hauled a boat trailer out at an unpaved launch. Trailer wheels buried in lake muck and your exhaust bubbling under water, the X just does it.

4. Everyday - Provide a smooth, quiet, dependable vehicle that's enjoyable to drive and provides the performance and handling to dodge some of the more "driving" challenged folks playing bumper cars out there.

This is a lot to ask of any one vehicle, but the MDX pulls it off with class.:2:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Weekend trips to different places, usually b-day parties all over the NYC area. 2-3 times commute to work for my wife and weekend trips to homedepot for me when there are no parties. Homedepot sucks by the way. Can't wait for Loews to open just down the road. sorry got off subject there for a moment. just venting...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts